Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you can pay any pricing Uniregistry gives you and take your expensive domains there, would you be confident they have security comparable to Fabulous? Uniregistry is quite new as registrar but I did hear security there is tops.
For domainers who have names with both, do you find one as secure as the other?

--Thought this subject would come up sooner as many are leaving Moniker and others but have seen no comparison so far. Both registrars need to give you pricing you can afford but if you are past that -would you keep your names with Fabulous or move some to Uniregistry? --

-- They are both also similar in that they have domain monetization services but they pick and choose who they take as to that. You may not be accepted for that program even if you have your domains with that registrar. Had no idea Uniregistry did that but now I know they do. Just like Fabulous.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so nobody has moved some of their best names from fabulous to uniregistry? for domainers who have already used both--
i wonder if security with uniregistry is as good as they say. they do offer double authentication at login but so do other registrars, and that is not the only thing you look at before giving uniregistry domains worth a lot.

it sure does help having that feature but now even resellers and second tier registrars(both on the small side) have that.

ISPCircle

ISPCircle.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Two Factor (One-Time Password) Authentication is a big plus in our opinion. It provides security from email, password related breaches. If you have to choose between providers, keep security a top priority.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you isp. fabulous has the security questions for free but you need to pay for a special fob if you want the two factor verification with them. i understand there is no charge for the two factor with uniregistry and i am not sure if they have security questions.

my point was also giving uniregistry your best domains is a hard choice because they are new as a registrar. security is a must but you need to look at your control panel options, registrar's ui, free url forwarding, free email forwarding, and many things.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I moved all my domains to uniregistry pretty much. They may be new but they are owned by Frank Schilling who is huge in the domain game. All their people have been great to deal with.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks ohkus. as they're new i wanted to see whether domainers trust uniregistry with their best names and their security.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom