Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Do you know of an Association for DN Professionals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oceanic

is there an Association for DN Professionals?

I was wondering if there is an associatin for Domain name professionals liks us.

I think it would be nice if we pushed for recognition, health insurance, professional development etc.

I heard about some convention going on and also of the ICANN Registrar group but what about resellers, hosting companies and name traders lke most people here?

Any leads?

I

ilikebeer

I'll start one up!

$1000 per year annual dues and you'll receive:

- a nifty "Golden Seal of DN Profiteering" which you can emblazen on your site(s).

- a newsletter of some kind.

ok ... sorry, got carried away.

To be honest, marketing of names is an individual type process (everyone has their own way of doing it).

I think it would be very difficult to get people to agree on and adhere to some kind of common code of conduct.

Also, many DN resellers (successfull ones) have access to tools, registrars, processes, etc that others don't. Some kind of 'union' for lack of a better term would possible eliminate their competitive advantage in the marketplace and the acquisition of inventory (domain names).

But that is just my opinion

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oceanic
is there an Association for DN Professionals?

I think dnforum is the closest you are going to get.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ILIKEBEER Quote ... "Some kind of 'union' for lack of a better term would possible eliminate their competitive advantage in the marketplace and the acquisition of inventory (domain names).

But that is just my opinion"

Maybe for newbies we could also have a system of distributing names that "professionals" already have ... to give the newbies a hand in getting started in the business ...

... or maybe people should just learn the damn business and try and make a go of it based on the own abiility and hardwork.

There are no free rides in this business ... unless of course the NDP in Canada get a hold of it ...

... that's my sermon for today ...

M

mole

What so "professional" about DN reselling. We are all sharks, cybersquatters, profiteering pirates - so lets keep it honest and straight :D

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
What so "professional" about DN reselling. We are all sharks, cybersquatters, profiteering pirates - so lets keep it honest and straight :D

ICPPs

International Cybersquatters Profiteering Pirates and Sharks
:laugh:

N

name5

I would be willing to be involved in the start of one, anyone else???

M

mole

Yeh, collectively, we can coerce the .pro registry to start .domain.pro :swg:

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

Mole,

We are not all sharks, cybersquatters or profiteering pirates!

What about the Parasites, Leeches and Extortionists?

Man, do I loathe these negative labels...

quack :D

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"is there an Association for DN Professionals?"

Not that I'm aware of. The closest thing I could find on short notice is the DNRC: http://www.domainnamerights.org

Free speech. Freedom on the Internet. Etc. Lots of good stuff, but I don't know about an actual "Association" per se. Hope it proves a good lead for you, anyway. Please keep us posted. Good Luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom