Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Do you use filters for your computer screen?

Do computer screen filters help your eyes?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Who cares...

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

My eye hurts. :sad: Too much computer work nowadays. Do those anti-glare, anti-reflection filters help?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My eyes to heart, and I don`t use any filter, I have never had problems with seeing, but I just yesterday visited eye doctor and he said i have to wear classes -0,75, so do much computer is not good :(

M

mole

Maybe filters would help, stuff? Growing old is another issue :D

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Maybe filters would help, stuff? Growing old is another issue :D

I am 21 so I think This laptop that I am using is ****ing up my eyes it`s time to buy a new one. Maybe I can save then my eyes :)

M

mole

Originally posted by stuff
I am 21 so I think This laptop that I am using is ****ing up my eyes it`s time to buy a new one. Maybe I can save then my eyes :)

:D Yeah, I don't think a filter fits too well with a laptop. It gets squashy looking after one or two closures.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't, but every now and then wonder if I should.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a LCD display (19" or bigger), as apparently they are easier on the eyes than a similar CRT display.

A lot more expensive, though. :(

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Only time I used a filter was in the old days of green monochrome displays and 8086 processors! Heck, a friend of mine had an amber CRT! Now that was an eyesore.

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YES, I'm not that stupid :)

30 years - 12 hours a day, it catches up with you.

Can I do it till I need glasses? ;)

N

namegame

Sometimes the filters do worse damage than the actual screen!

M

mole

I just bought a Kesington flat-panel 17" filter and my eyes feel all comfy already. My headache is still there.. Maybe its the beer.:embarrass

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good move with the filter, Mole.
Once, I also greatly reduced my similar eyes-problems by buying a filter for my desktop PC, but still prefered working on a notebook. As George pointed out, it is recommended to buy a desktop LCD monitor, but really a good one.
It is your health's most influencing part of the hardware (affecting not only the eyes) and no monitor is too expensive for that reason.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
has anyone else also found that you start turning nocturnal after working in an office where the only light source is those damn strip lights.

the office i work has windows that face the sun from when it rises on the left hand side and moves across through the day so the blinds have to stay shut or people facing the window get blinded by the sun and those facing away are unable to see their screens for glare.

as a result my eyesight is fine but i am super-sensitive to bright light and walking in the sun on a really hot day (ok so we dont have many of them in the uk but still) can cause me problems as even the glare from the pavement is too bright and i cant see and my eyes start watering.

i did actually consider asking for one of those natural light lamps that people who suffer from that seasonal disorder use to prevent depression and stress.

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to, but the filters for monitors over 17" are very expensive. (I worked on a 28" monitor for about a year up until a year ago - don't know if they even do filters for screens that big).

I've found that the refresh rate can ease problems drastically.

I used to have it quite low - like 60Hz, and used to get migraines often, but since I've put it up to 85Hz I've had no problems.

M

mole

Originally posted by devolution
(I worked on a 28" monitor for about a year up until a year ago - don't know if they even do filters for screens that big).

:eek:

Were you on webTV dev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom