Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

enom Dodgy Enom / DomainSponsor Monetization..??

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pandum

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting a bad taste from Enom? I leave some of my renewals a bit late and cut it fine with revs and reinvestment - 2 wks sometimes or more before I renew some names at Enom. Understandably Enom monetize my domains for themselves while they are expired.. Fair enough!

BUT I have noticed that Enom have a habit of not always reinstating the original nameserver details after I renew my names. Often I don't go through my records till the end of the month and then find slabs of my names which had expired - that I renewed - and surprise surprise, Enom is still monetizing them for themselves and hasn't reverted back to the original nameservers.

It seems that Enom is redirecting some domain traffic to look-alike templates that are very similar to old templates used by Fabulous. Only, those templates are actually DomainSponsor templates. So in effect DS and Enom are jointly scamming my traffic.

Takes a lot of time to go through several hundred renewals at a time - yeah I can manage my doms more effectively than I am. And YES my remaining couple of thousand names held at Enom will be moved out. BUT the fact remains, Enom and DomainSponsor are in my opinion stealing traffic.

As a client that uses both companies (5 years with Enom) I'm disappointed. I don't have time to be looking over my shoulder to see that the registrars and partners I use are doing the right thing. Time and money permitting I intend to get as far away from each company as possible.

Success

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am moving from RegisterFly to Enom.

And you are moving away from Enom.

Oh, no.

Which registrar are you intending to move to?

fredlucas

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of moving everything to Moniker...

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am rather unhappy at what seems to be keeping the DNS pointing to their PPC pages for domains which are renewed after expiry. It can be additional and hard work to change them back.

I'm not sure if it always happens, but I think it does happen often enough to be a problem.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Success said:
What makes you choose Moniker?

Cheap prices, great support, awesome interface?

I have never really liked enom and have moved all my domains from them to moniker or namecheap (yes I know they are a reseller but they actually do a decent job and have a good interface).

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you renew them before expiring, you wouldnt have much of your mention problems.
i'm sure you get many reminders before a domain expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom