Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Does anybody knows good hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keral_Patel

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have 22 domains parked at sedo.

I don't want to depend on the revenue they will earn me. So I thought that I should host them somewhere and put google adsense on them. Can someone suggest me some good host who alows us to place addon domain like 50 domains in one control panel. Unlimited bandwidth. Space around 100MB will be okay.

And most of all it should be cheap.

Thanks. Please let me know your suggestions.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
netdevil said:
Unlimited bandwidth.
You won't really want "unlimited bandwidth". Actually you should be aware when a *host* offers that. To be honest, with 50 domains and some Google Adsense, you probably don't need anything spectacular; unlimited domains should be fine. Good luck.

Keral_Patel

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My meaning of unlimited bandwidth is like 2 GB or 5 GB.

I saw some hosts but they offer 500MB. And then they charge 3 dollars per extra 100 MB that is not good.

That's why. I want to do some marketing and that stuff so my bandwidth will be used as users will come to my site (Hoping like that).

So that's why I was worried.

Right now I am with a host who offers unlimited bandwidth.(Means upload and download)

I have a lifetime account over there. Means no payments every month. But he does not allows me to host extra domains on that account. That is the problem.

I also asked him about the meaning of lifetime hosting and he said minimum of 20 years and maximum of 30 years. But alas he is not allowing me to add other domains. My space is also getting wasted. No need for that much sapce for single site.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
netdevil said:
I saw some hosts but they offer 500MB.

I have a lifetime account over there.
FYI: Most hosting related forums prohibit those so-called "unlimited bandwidth" offers so you can guess how legitimate it is.

As for how much is enough for bandwidth? Unlike 3 - 5 years ago, most decent web host would render 10 times your disk space for monthly quota: e.g. 1 GB bandwidth for 100 MB storage. So if a plan offers only 500 MB, then they probably only allow 50 MB for files or even less.

Another thing that I would be very cautious about is "lifetime" whatever. Surely it means THEIR (business) lifetime and not yours. I don't know how *anybody* can guarantee something for life when even 3 - 5 years are already too long in this age of the Internet.

Keral_Patel

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah you are right about that lifetime thing but I have hosted three sites over there and I think my lifetime payment has been covered in this years. So every extra year or month they put in is the bonus for me.

Moreover why would i tell lies. I don't want to write the name of hosting compnay here but it surely gives me unlimited bandwidth. With real space that they have mentioned in my plan.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
netdevil said:
Moreover why would i tell lies.
No, I'm not saying that you are lying. ;)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you checked out any of the larger hosts like 1and1? They have some in-expensive hosting for $2.99+/month.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Talking about 1 and 1, my FREE (for 3 years) account over there is still sitting there idle. ;)

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
netdevil, hi, i run a small but great hosting business. Pm me and i will you a nice deal. most of my customers are all domainers.

thanks,
jay

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dreamhost allows you put put as many domains as you want on their shared hosting plan

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a reseller plan as well. You can PM me if you're interested in trying.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
manueld64 said:
dreamhost allows you put put as many domains as you want on their shared hosting plan
True.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom