Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

does anyone know a cheap and reliable place to register country domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaumi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to shop around for the best prices, or place a post here to check once you're tempted and know a price. Quite often someone will come up with a lower option

Eurodns covers all of Europe
Godaddy cover a lot of extensions, and are generally one of the better priced.

If you're looking at non English character (Japanese, Chinese etc), try Domainsite.

Melbourne IT for Australia/New Zealand
Cozahost for South Africa

1and1 for .co.uk

Of course, there are many others, but this might help you start off.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chaumi said:
Eurodns covers all of Europe

You mileage may vary, however I'm not exactly impressed with Eurodns customer service.

I just tried to registered a .it-domain name through their interface. After spending a lot of time entering all the usual information, I even took the time to send an email specifiying my EU company number.

Apparently nothing happened for a while, then suddenly the domain was no longer listed as pending - it was no longer listed as all.

I sent a detailed inquiry, suggesting that I could provide references if they do not like new customers like me, and mentioning that I own a few hundred domains.

I received this rather strange answer:

"Authorized and canceled please restart your order with valid credit card and use Customer details of your location

Thanks for your understanding, Christian"

Of course, my card was and is valid, and I did use my actual credit card billing address. Christians somehwat cryptical reference to "your (my) location" suggests that Eurodns uses a poorly conceived "fraud detection" system, which uses geolocation data to mess up transactions for frequent travellers ans expatriates using their home country credit cards (hint: if registrars are concerned about fraud, I suggest they add some real fraud screening by using processes like "verified by visa", requiring login to issuing bank)

In brief - you may just waste a lot of time with Eurodns.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on which cctld is in question. Personally I use EuroDNS though bit expensive but has good management and is reliable. Good luck

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
reliable? nope, my experience is the opposite.

their "customer service" appartently stopped answering my emails. I tried to escalate this to Freddy - hope this helps.

kev604

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently tried Hostway. I actually wasn't looking for ccTLDs but for cheap .INFO domains instead. I did notice that they have a big selection of extensions though. I can't yet vouch for their customer service since I haven't had to call in yet but everything seems smooth so far *fingers crossed*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom