Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Does anyone use Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OFS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's your experience like with using Ebay to sell domain names?

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had about 30 auctions in eBay, sold half of them, and got $10-$40 each. Don't expect a lot of money from eBay, but you may earn a little.

My experience is there are usually more bids at night (US time) in weekdays, but I'm still trying to figure out the best time to end an auction. Any members would like to share your experience?

K

kingdon

I used to sell lots of jackets and clocks on e-bay, the best days to end your auction is Sunday and Monday nights at 10:30 EST. This is when you get the east coast and most of the west coast. And these have been my best days ever. Sundays people are getting ready for work and just surfing, Monday people finish their days and are to tired to go out, so they surf.

Haven't done much with the domains on E-Bay. I always feel it's a great place to buy, but you get beat up when you're a seller. Everyone waits until the last minute to bid, and I feel you have no options when you list there. Any way good luck with E-Bay, I might try an auction for some of my Domains, but there has to be a better way.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
ebay is not a good place to sell domain names. It a great place to buy though :D

-Bob

OFS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never used ebay for anything, not to buy or sell, but someone suggested it might be a good place to start. I guess I will reconsider that option.

proprom

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I sell my crappy domains on ebay. Since I buy my domain names for as little as $6.99 I can always find somebody to bid at $30 bucks.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Someone actually bid $650 for that Domain, lol

I'd say you got very lucky. This type of Domain normally wouldn't get over $50.

Mike

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tippy
Someone actually bid $650 for that Domain, lol

I'd say you got very lucky. This type of Domain normally wouldn't get over $50.

Mike

First of all, $650.00 is chicken-feed...

Second, what the duck does 'this kind of domain name' mean?

Every state in America has a 'Best Electric' company or corporation. With a tiny bit of research, you would see that every BestElectric TLD has been taken by a different entity. Luck had NUTHIN' to do with this sale.

Third, the same person put in two bids to increase his odds of winning. Who knows how high this could have gone if a second bidder had entered the auction? It began at $650.00 and ended at $650.00. The winning bidder was the only interested party with brains enough to see and act upon the opportunity.

Finally, I was trying to point out that EBay has it's place in this business, not open myself up to amateur wise cracks.

Negative comments and opinions based upon sentiment serve no purpose.

quack :cool:

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duck,
I still can not get why same person outbid himself without outbidded?

SAF

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SAF,

The winning bidder used AuctionSniper.com.

If he placed a bid of $1000.00, EBay would only show $650.00, because that was my minimum offer.

If somebody bid higher, AuctionSniper.com would have automatically upped his bid until he either became the high bidder again, or if his max of $1000.00 was reached.

If he later decided that he was prepared to go to $2000.00 and upped his limit accordingly, that would show as another bid, but the original $650.00 bid would remain until/unless someone out bid him.

I have done that - Bid on an item and then bid again with a higher limit, because I would be sleeping when the auction ended.

Get it?

quack :cool:

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I still see nothing special in this Domain. I would assume that seeing as the person paid $650.00 for the name we should see a site up soon.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom