Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Does buydomains buy domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have the .com version of a .net domain they have for sale.

If, let's say, I sell them my .com at the price they sell the .net.
Do you think they will be willing to buy?

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I doubt it but you can always send them an offer email.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, yes, I thought it all wrong, of course they won't accept it that way.

I mean, if they have the .net for sale at, let's say $1,600, I should offer the .com at much lower cost so they earn the good money they're used to.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They buy names but will pay reseller rates at best.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, they don't have the domain price listed.
It is the kind of domain that you have to request the price.

What do you think it means?
Does it mean it is expensive? Or just they have no idea what is the domain about?

Domain is a 4 letters, but non pronounceable.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will, but I'm wating they return with the price for the .net version... ;)

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I saw a post in another domain forum from buydomains asking people to send them lists, they are looking to buy right now (not sure if they've posted in dnf too). You have to figure with all the domains they sell, they need to stock up fresh inventory once in a while. Afternic also sent an email out yesterday saying traffic on their site is higher than ever. Don't know what prices they are paying but never hurts to inquire. There are only so many good domains to go around when you think of it on a global scale.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Franly, I doubt they are interested in anything else except for strong portfolios. They seem to be in a cash crunch, as they're eager to drop prices.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1 month ago 1 person offered me an italian so and so gedomain for $ 55 , I forget to answer him and after few days when I remembered I sent him an email and he told me that he sold the domain to buydomains for even lower price than $ 55, now the domain its listed for sell on the buydomains site with a price of $ 3588, few days ago I saw the domain listed and the price was abvout $ 600, I suspect that they monitor the search and when they saw that people are looking for a domain they rise the price.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I suspect that they monitor the search and when they saw that people are looking for a domain they rise the price.

You are absolutely correct. They use cookie tracking to view which domains you've searched for and to tweak pricing depending on the number of visits etc. It's a sophisticated system. To get a good deal, call them up and make an offer instead, provided that you're ready to pay instantly.

David @ NameMedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I work at NameMedia and thought I'd share some insight into some of the comments.

1. We are buying names - we always do. If you are interested in selling names to us please contact us by clicking on the link below:

http://www.buydomains.com/help/submit-customer-form.do?formTypeSelected=SELL_YOUR_DOMAINS

2. We've bought tens of thousands of names already in 2008. As we buy names, we price the name. We don't leave names unpriced due to high value. In this particular case (and I don't have the information), I would guess that we recently purchased the name and haven't priced it yet.
3. We don't tweak prices based on user behavior.

Please feel free to contact me directly at dhauser (at)namemedia.com or PM me if you have any further questions.

All the best,

David

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hi David,

With regards to #3 allow me to disagree. On several occasions I've seen that querying a BD-owned domain and landing at its price page has the effect of jacking the price up a few days later. Once removed from the automatic "cart", the domain eventually returns to its original price.

David @ NameMedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro,

You can disagree, all I can do is simply assure you (and put my name out there) and say that it simply isn't true. I've worked here for 1.5 years and know that we do not change prices based on user behavior. We do change prices from time to time based on industry trends (as everyone should do); but we don't do it due to a customer looking at a specific name.

All the best,

David

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Couldn't multiple queries be considered "industry trends"? :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Acro,

You can disagree, all I can do is simply assure you (and put my name out there) and say that it simply isn't true. I've worked here for 1.5 years and know that we do not change prices based on user behavior. We do change prices from time to time based on industry trends (as everyone should do); but we don't do it due to a customer looking at a specific name.

All the best,

David

David - I get the notice "The pricing of a domain you added to the cart has changed" (or something along those lines) rather often. The bounce is usually up by $500, after less than a week since first querying. That's from my experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom