Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Does eNom accept .US tranfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever successfully transferred a .US name from another registrar to eNom or otherwise knows if its doable? Their site says so but I've tried transferring (.US) names from several registrars to them and each time, just after a few minutes, they close the order with a message saying "Canceled - Unable to transfer due to unknown error". The reason I'm asking folks here is that in my experience (and this is one bad thing about eNom) it can take for ever to get an answer from them!

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Same here! :upset:

"xxx.us Canceled - Unable to transfer due to unknown error"

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
eNom has been very responsive to all inquiries.

" Our developers are looking into the issue and it should be corrected soon."

Dr.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrWho
eNom has been very responsive to all inquiries.

" Our developers are looking into the issue and it should be corrected soon."

Dr.

You will receive a reply 2 hours from my post now IF the mail goes to the right person.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom has mixed messages on their site. On the transfer page they have the epp system that accepts .us names, but on another page they say they can't do us name transfers as of yet. They need to figure this out one way or another and post the correct answer. On the "unknown error" mentioned, I talked with them after trying to transfer several infos to my own account from another registrar account of mine starting last Friday. They said they were having a problem and their tech support was looking into it. Hope it's fixed soon.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have successfully moved a .us domain from a different registrar to eNom. Use the EPP transfer option. Don't try to use the Auto Verification method - it won't work.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK Found out the scoop. The epp service is now back up and running enom tells me. They just rolled out that new .tm extension and it messed up the system. They have since put everything back to the way it was and the epp should be working fine again. Go for it.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stocdoctor
OK Found out the scoop. The epp service is now back up and running enom tells me. They just rolled out that new .tm extension and it messed up the system. They have since put everything back to the way it was and the epp should be working fine again. Go for it.

Thank you StockDoctor! :)

CONFIRMED: eNom's .US transfers are functioning :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is EPP service? How is that procedure different than auto-verification? What is required to do the transfer?

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
What is EPP service? How is that procedure different than auto-verification? What is required to do the transfer?

eNom QUOTE:

info, .biz and .us (EPP transfers)
This transfer type requires you to enter the current authorization key for each domain.

No further verification (such as fax or auto verification) is required for these domains.

Authorization keys are obtained from the current registrar.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I transferred a .us domain to eNom from Go Daddy, the "authorization key" was my GoDaddy account password.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftlock
When I transferred a .us domain to eNom from Go Daddy, the "authorization key" was my GoDaddy account password.

Correct! However, the "authorization key" is the password you used when the .US name was registered. If you change your Godaddy account password you must use their "retrieve authorization key" utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom