Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Does GoDaddy have the most bizarre and confusing push system of all registrars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does GoDaddy have the most bizarre and confusing push system of all registrars?

Firstly you need to choose a domain from your list or the choices don't even appear

Click the tick on a domain and then you can see the choices

You need to choose Account Change

Why account change? What in the world associates a change of your account with moving a domain to another user?

Ok Maybe that is just me although I have done this about 100 times and always have to think is it the Contacts choice I want?

Then you fill out the form with the new users whois details and hope they got their email address right
There is nowhere to put their account name or number

If the user is from the USA you can choose their state before you choose the country. So you choose a state and then go searching for the country United States
If not USA it is the other way round . Country then sate. Weird

Here is where it gets weirder
It asks you to continue with the transfer and gives you the first name on your list not the name you want to push
You persist to the next screen and still the first name on your list appears on the screen not the name you want to push

After confirming , you finally get to see the name you want to push with a message that you should wait a few moments and an OK button
Do you press ok to say I will wait?
No, if you press ok the screen disappears

It makes no difference if you wait or not

Then you wait and hope the new owner is not a novice or they will get so many upsell screens they might actually not read the tiny writing that says proceed to check out
The new owner needs to complete check out with a total of zero or the ownership will not change and of course they will blame you for not pushing the name

I wonder if the whole push system is designed to get you to call GD so they can upsell

Domain Days 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's pretty simple and straight forward...I actually like their push system...everyone else I know likes it too..it is different but not in a bad way :confused:

T

tekz999

I get used to it and I see they have made improvements in their push systems. Ages ago, you will need to confirm many things, but now, many steps have been eliminated. It's alright now. A lot easier.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You don't find that having only one domain name on the screen , that is a different name to the one you want to push, just slightly confusing?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will look at it next week and smooth it out, please post your wish list here.

-=DCG=-

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think its really easy to use.
The only issue i hav eis that when u select multiple domains to push, the list at the bottm does not have a lot of scrolling space, and once u enter the details, making doubly sure of the selected domains is a bother.

Other than that, its pretty smooth.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok I am wrong
It must be easy to use
It is just that I am stupid

garyrcanuck

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kinda thought that it would be easier to just push to an existing account with GD. Like the receiving end would have to set up an account, then inform the seller of this account name, then a simple push to the new owner.

This way you would not need all the purchasers personal info, just his account name/number.

Perhaps it was like this earlier?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Tombot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really wish it was like enom or moniker, where you can just push it to the other person's account. Which is what you seem to be saying, Gary.

The best for me would be to have two options, the current way which is to enter the person's info, and the account name push way. I sell a lot of $xx domains on ebay, and this would make things a lot easier.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has there been any change to this procedure yet? I have someone with a domain at GoDaddy that needs to push it to my GD account. Do I initiate the push somehow or does the person who has the domain now? What info do I need to give them as buyer?

I looked in the Search GoDaddy FAQ's with the keyword "push" -- no results

=====================

Found my answer. Disregard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom