Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

does it do one any good to have tools, if they don't know how to use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me repeat that

what's good about having tools, if you don't know how to use them?

or when you start using them... do you know what you're looking for?

if you "manage" to find a worthy domain, do you know how to assess it's value?

if you want to "resell" it, do you know how to make a sales pitch?

do you know how to respond to an offer?

do you know how to "articulate" your message with confidence and professionalism?

those and others and not just the links you see posted to the same "tool sites" every day are the "real tools" of success!

these are what make buyers come back-

imo...

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this needs a bump :)

Interesting set of questions.

I believe the members were also waiting to hear your Answers to these Questions, perhaps ? :yes:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting set of questions.

I believe the members were also waiting to hear your Answers to these Questions, perhaps ? :yes:

so do i ask or pose the questions and then just answer them myself?

:rolleyes:

what answers, feedback or opinions on the content come across your mind?

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's what I believe: don't hold onto a domain for that xxxxx offer. Rather, take the best you can and run with it. With that capital, get better domains, especially ones that get type-in traffic.

The whole idea is to improve your inventory, not wait out endlessly for your million dollar sale. I'd much rather take 5000 domains making 1 dollar a month than 1 domain making 5k a month, and I believe that should be the aim of every domainer - quantity that can match up with quality.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing is, it costs a lot less to renew one domain name than 5000. :)

I can agree with this - but I can also disagree with it.

Either way it's $5,000 a month or $60,000 a year.

Renewal fees - either $10 or $50,000 (assuming that you pay $10 per domain - just for round numbers). So, would someone rather have $59,990 or $10,000 profit from the domain(s) (not including the cost of the domain itself)?

That's the quick answer that most people would jump to.

But - you can also look at how much you can improve on each domain. It will be very hard to improve on a domain making $5,000 a month. A site making that much is either already an established site or a damn good keyword parked page. Either way, tinkering with the domain is a huge risk.

Now, 5,000 domains making $1 a month. Not much risk here with each domain. Chances are these are either parked pages or beginner sites. While it will take a lot to develop 5,000 domains into better sites but the rewards are far greater. Say the average site after your project makes $2 a month (some gained, some lost etc.). Now, you're talking $120,000 a year and $50,000 in renewals - that's $70,000 profit.

How hard is it to turn a $5K a month domain into a $10K a month domain? I'm sure a lot harder than the alternative.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm terrible at arithmetic, but if you have $2 profit on each domain after the $10 renewal fee (that's at $1 a month each for the year), that means you have twice $5,000, equals $10,000. So where does the $120,000 a year come from? :(

I guess now you know why I find domaining so hard.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
5,000 domains * $2 a month = $10,000 a month.
12 months (in a year) * $10,000 a month = $120,000 a year.

Assume $10 per registration:

$10 * 5,000 = $50,000 in renewal fees

$120,000 a year - $50,000 in renewal fees = $70,000 profit.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still lost, I'm afraid. That sounds sensible, but I thought it was $1 a month, and you needed $10 to renew each, leaving just two months free for profit.

Don't worry, Ed, I'll go over it during the day, like homework. I'm sure I'll get to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom