Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Does it ever shock you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you ever look at the names sold at Afternic & Sedo and scratch your head? I find myself wondering how it the world did that name sell that high. Have you done that or thought that? Cheers,

Acro

Domain Days 2024

JoeyMob

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Same here. Sometimes I wonder if I should register 600 domains and just put them all on sedo, afternic and other places and forget about traffic names.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I mean really the names that sell sometimes have absolutly no meaning in any language and no traffic, no OVT, no backlinks, etc... It cracks me up, it's like a big guessing game. LOL. Cheers,

Acro

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
some of the buyers dont have much clue about domain industry and i think they are rich enough to invest any amount on the names that they like

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you think so? I always assumed it must be people who know more about the industry than I do. But I have overestimated people before.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I mean really the names that sell sometimes have absolutly no meaning in any language and no traffic, no OVT, no backlinks, etc... It cracks me up, it's like a big guessing game. LOL. Cheers

Just goes to show that you never know........... The domain still may not even be registered yet :confused:

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I ponder it every day.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The higher reported sales at DNjournal are usually end users. You may look at them and wonder why a person might have bought it for 10K, but prices are always high when dealing with end users.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought it must be end users too. But I checked out the top sales this year on dnjournal. I think something like 7 of 12 are currently parked? That was surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom