Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Affiliate Programs Does it matter where the traffic is coming from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Does it matter for the different affiliate programs where the traffic I send them is coming from ?

For example, can I put a Google AdWords ad that DIRECTLY goes to a CJ destination link? Meaning I will not use CJ's default text links or banners, but I will embed my referral ID within the Google Ad, and if someone will click on the Google ad, it will be like he clicked on a CJ banner / text link.
Do you think this is illegal in any way ?

How about if I redirect expired traffic to an affiliate page (redirect it like every visitor has clicked the banner / text link) ?

Thanks

Domain Days 2024

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It really depends on the advertiser. Some will allow you to link direcdtly, some won't. Some have restrictions on the keywords you bid on as well.

As for the expired traffic, this will give you a low "EPC" for your campaigns because people will be shown the page even if they didn't click an ad to see it. Some advertisers will kick you out if your EPC is low.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

it depends on:
a. the affiliate program. Some affiliate programs do not allow you to direct link a ad from let's say google to their website. So you would need to use a redirect script or make a preselling page.
b. not all ppc providers allow you to link to a website which is not your own. google allows it, but you must indicate that it is an affiliate link, using aff. or something like that at the end of the ad.

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
snicksnack said:
Hi,

b. not all ppc providers allow you to link to a website which is not your own. google allows it, but you must indicate that it is an affiliate link, using aff. or something like that at the end of the ad.

Google does not require you to note that it's an affiliate ad. They used to, but that changed at the beginning of 2005. However, they will only show one ad per URL or per "similar content".

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

thanks for the update, guess I didn't read it ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom