Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Does It Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzilla

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's say I'm going to develop some sites, some with Wordpress, others regular (Dreamweaver) sites etc. for "monetizing" purposes. I might think the way to go would be to get one hosting account that would allow however many sites I intend to put up. If I don't pay for dedicated IP addresses for each one they will most certainly have the same number. Are there implications with regard to search engines if all my sites have the same IP? Also I did a reverse lookup on one of my sites and found out there are 90 sites sharing the same IP address one of which is an adult oriented. Even if I had different accounts with the same host, or different hosts, there's still the issue of shared hosting meaning I'm sharing an IP with a lot of other sites which could get that IP some negative PR if they do something stupid. So it's starting to look like a dedicated IP address might be a good thing (worth the money).

Does it matter?

DomainSearch

Level 4
Reaction score
i have never noticed any issues.
if issues existed than every shared hosting acount would be useless.
dont cross link the sites and you will be fine, unlimited hosting accounts do have limits (FYI)

Kenzilla

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input and yes, I found out about so called unlimited bandwidth a long time ago. I guess the search engines take shared hosting into account also so if one site on the IP address breaks the rules it would not penalize other sites sharing the IP. The more I work on this the more I think developing some of the dnames I have is the thing to do as opposed to parking or selling the names. Of course everything is for sale but sometimes you do better selling when you aren't trying to....

DomainSearch

Level 4
Reaction score
what u think will make money wont at times and other names do well, depends like you know on so many factors and competition etc.hosting...hostgator is the best shared host overall to keep it simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom