Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Does it take some time until you start getting clicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have 24 domains parked at namedrive for three days and I don't have even a single click with any of them. Traffic is next to nothing too. The domains aren't bad I think and I have optimized landing pages and keywords as best as I could.

Is it likely that it will remain like this or will it improve after a while?

remf

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ND stats are updated every hour at about a quarter past the hour, so if you're not seeing any/many clicks it's unlikely the domain has gotten any.

Silly question I know, (but I've done it myself on more than one occasion!), are you sure that the domains are properly set up and pointing to the right name servers? Have you tried out the URL's and are they pointing to the right landing pages?

If that's all ok, I'd just make sure they are as optimised as possible, or maybe you've just got dud domains that don't have natural type-in traffic. What kind of OVT scores do they get?

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... or maybe you've just got dud domains that don't have natural type-in traffic.
Probably the problem is exacly that :shy:

Try to develop them instead of parking. Good luck!

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The nameservers are properly set since I have checked my domains opening them in my browser. I think this shouldn't be a problem since I don't click on anything. In fact the few views (33 views in total for 24 domains) that I see must be again me since I see views only on the pages that I viewed myself. In short nobody is viewing these pages and therefore nobody clicks on them.

How does it work actually? Let's take an example of one of my domains. "LearnGermanNow [dot] com" is one of those 24 names. How would somebody open this page?

I would say there is no chance at all that somebody will type that name in his browser. The only other possibility I can think of are search engines. For that domain my keywords are "learn german" and when somebody makes a search for this on google or yahoo hopefully my domain should be listed among results.

When does the domain start being listed among results in search engines?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am sorry to tell u that the case will be similar even in the future

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ditto. You can only earn money from domains receiving traffic.

No visitors = no clicks = no revenue.

You should try to get your domains indexed by search engines if they do not receive direct navigation traffic. This can be achieved through development, as mentioned above.

If your domains do receive traffic, but visitors do not click on the ads, you have probably chosen bad keywords. In this case, you should optimize the domains again at ND.

Good luck!

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say there is no chance at all that somebody will type that name in his browser. The only other possibility I can think of are search engines. For that domain my keywords are "learn german" and when somebody makes a search for this on google or yahoo hopefully my domain should be listed among results.

When does the domain start being listed among results in search engines?
You must develop websites with unique quality content in order to attract search engine traffic. The design is not so important at the beginning, it is the content you should concentrate on.

Additionally, you might want to give DNF's SEO section a read.

Again, good luck!

grevan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all, you have to submit your URLs to the Search Engines.
They don´t find you just because your are in the internet, you have to make them know you exist.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My advice for you is to try to tweak your names with a different keywords (only if they have natural traffic). If they don't have any traffic then it will be hard to just park a name and expect revenue. The other option then would be to develop your sites into websites. To determine the ovt of a name use this free tool: www.ovtd.com
Good luck

chumba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all, you have to submit your URLs to the Search Engines.

Actually, many of my parked names are indexed in the search engines without any submission whatsoever. Getting in-bound links from a highly ranked page will also direct the bots to your page. Sorry, but saying one must submit sites to search engines or else they won't be picked up is not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom