Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Does pool do shill bidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just noticed couple names got bidded up to few thousands with usernames like POOL_47, POOL_1481, POOL_41859. They bid on all the names and attempt to win them all.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Watch the WHOIS a few days later, to see if the names change hands to real registrants.

hollayo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
those r just generic usernames before customization i think... my id is like that

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How long does Pool give time to pay?

Some domains have been unpaid for almost a month...

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't really tell from whois.
I had a couple of domains that I was trying for months the change the whois.
I managed to change nameservers but changing whois was impossible.
I finally did it and transfered out of namescout.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool makes too much money to be involved in shilling.

My account number is also generic like that......

Bookworm SEO

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
POOL_1481 is a particular account though. it's been complained of at pn (reverse that to get my meaning... damn censors) also

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
POOL_1481 is a particular account though. it's been complained of at pn (reverse that to get my meaning... damn censors) also

I've seen this ID quite often - quite a few of the .ca auctions I have participated in at Pool have been against this user.

As for managing domains, it is indeed a pain. I can't personally manage ANY of the .ca names I have won through Pool's "affiliates". I always have to email my requested changes.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thought i'd add my two pennies. I trust Pool as far as i can throw them!
Short & to the point.
Predator :banplease:

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
very suspicios of course and I have had the same feeling about the same username in the thread. However, it gets transfered to an account later and wonder why would someone pay so high for some silly domains. None of my bussiness of course. Very hard to overbid these users and it's only a big win for Pool when I try to overbid them. So now I have decided to bow out, when I see those users.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
POOL_1481 is always bidding enormous amounts on all the TBR .ca names. You cant win if POOL_1481 is bidding and they always are. Something wrong there.

I say time to ban POOL if POOL_1481 still bids.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
POOL_1481 is always bidding enormous amounts on all the TBR .ca names. You cant win if POOL_1481 is bidding and they always are. Something wrong there.

I say time to ban POOL if POOL_1481 still bids.

Sorry.

Three of the first auctions I checked we bid against 1481 and won.

nafti

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think pool_1481 is a real person who has deep pockets. He has been in quite a few auctions I was in at Pool and when he is in on it, I never win. Most of his bids are WAY over the market value. Maybe he's just in it for the REALLY long term!

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most of his bids are WAY over the market value.

and maybe you just don't get "market value":fencing:

On the three auctions I referred to above all of them stopped around what I would consider market value and I'll tell you our reserve bids were frequently 3x higher.

True market value to me is approximately 1/10 the value of the similiar .com.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
interesting. yes, sometimes this game is a rich mans one. i should take a drive by the pool office sometime. apparently its just down the road from me.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ohh so all you folks believe that poorman and others are not Pool's shill bidders? ..well i *think* that pool is the smartest they shill bid with perfection and fool many people and artificially raise a domains value.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ohh so all you folks believe that poorman and others are not Pool's shill bidders? ..well i *think* that pool is the smartest they shill bid with perfection and fool many people and artificially raise a domains value.

the more i watch these auctions the more i believe you are spot on. bigblackasses.com 16k? hmm. not to say the domain isn't worth that but typically domainers don't want to pay market value.

just thought some people might like to know that out of 10 auctions ending today 1481 is top bidder on 8 of them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom