Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Does the 60 day lockout include pushes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am transferring a domain to someone who isn't too familiar with the process.

The domain is with Moniker and they are going to use GoDaddy. I'd prefer to transfer it from M directly to them but if they are having issues can I transfer it to my GD account (they can PP me the $$$) and when it is completed push it to their account or would I have to wait 60 days?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The GoDaddy practice of holding domains hostage for 60 days after any contact information changes does not apply to pushes; only to transfers out to another registrar.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing that's easy to forget (I have) is that when you renew a name w/GD a new 60-day registrar lock kicks in. A couple of times I've had buyers who'd said they wanted their names transferred elsewhere, I thought I was home-free w/good old GD since I'd had the name there over a yr and hadn't made any changes to my name or co name. Then the transfer-out got denied and it was cuz I'd renewed it like 10 days before the sale. Only Go Daddy can get away w/things like this.

I've also wondered why GD does not allow account pushes within itself during the 17-day grace period right after exp, ie, they should let it go thru, right ? since the name stays w/them in another account and even a new 60-day lock will begin. But they don't let you, which I find odd since they WILL let you transfer it out as long as you unlocked it and obtained the Auth Code before exp date. Just who at Go Daddy "decides" these things ? LMAO, the last one I just mentioned defies logic, don't you think ?

And too bad you already left GD, Adam, I'm sure having someone like you question/object to these crazy policies would make a difference to them !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom