Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Does your domain have a dark past life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

I was just toying around on Google today and discovered that a .info domain I caught on a drop a couple of months ago was used as a muslim extremist site. In fact, the links are still there. :shocked:

and I was wondering where all that type-in traffic was coming from... geesh, gotta be careful. :shocked:

Temp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
I was just toying around on Google today and discovered that a .info domain I caught on a drop a couple of months ago was used as a muslim extremist site. In fact, the links are still there. :shocked:

and I was wondering where all that type-in traffic was coming from... geesh, gotta be careful. :shocked:

:-D

Good luck!

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
I was just toying around on Google today and discovered that a .info domain I caught on a drop a couple of months ago was used as a muslim extremist site.

Gosh, one would think that you would do that type of thing b4 you go after a drop.

M

mole

cappuccino said:
Gosh, one would think that you would do that type of thing b4 you go after a drop.

It was caught at .INFO Land Rush and wasn't part of my targeted names, cap. I don't monitor things outside my radar. In my radar, I track for years :-D. I happened to see it at Pool days before it dropped and decided this abandoned child had a place in my family, so I grabbed it for $60.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If one likes a domain name and doesnt hav the time to check at archives, then it is bound to happen. When I can, I check, but on at least one occasion that I know of, I apprently caught a domain that was used by government 'employees' to test out and discuss encryption technology... and it was an ORG!!!

Of course in arhchives, you can only see the sie, no internal links work as to see what the discussion was about, just the number of years it was on and the various headline exchanges...
Very scary...

P.S.
I also had caught another ORG that I found out days later that it belonged to some demon worshippers. Specificaly, it was demonic and not satanist according to them, whatever that means. The name of course has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom