Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

dohh Please Help with trademark question

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsobright

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:uhoh:so lets hypothetically say someone registers a domain name, or worse, multiple domain names, in good spirit and unfortunately ignorant about how widely a trademark extends. The owner parks some, promotes others, and puts blogs on others, owning multiple sites with associated .com .net ....... but some trademark owners feel encroached on....what is this 100,000 dollar possible penalty stuff and should this person just run and hide? Any help from those with experience? Thanks....A lot!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
usually, you'll get an email, letter or phone call in regards to the infringement.

at that time, you can respond, negotiate, refuse or voluntarily surrender the domain.

penalties and fines typically come after your refusal to surrender the domain, and the court finds you liable for damages.

notsobright

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
usually, hearing that word usually scares me...thank you for your response, do you know anyone who threads the needle and sewed up some a smart deal or do most die by corporate execution? Do you know what the exception would be, ie them busting down my door and throwing me in the hole as opposed to a cease and disist letter? sometopcompany + abc.yes = letter, fine, imprisonment, or can it be a smart decision? Ahhh beating around the bush.. thanks again whomever you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom