Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

? Dollars to Donuts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever figured out or guessed an hourly income ( or debt :confused: ) from domaining?
If you compare this to your best salary how does it fare?

Domain Days 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never actually compared it...but I am pretty sure it would be higher than my current salary.

I don't really know how I would calculate it - I spend quite a bit of time on the forums, but a good chunk of that is not really work, just recreation.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best part is at this job I get paid at while I sleep!

-=DCG=-

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
The best part is at this job I get paid at while I sleep!

-=DCG=-

It certainly is...that is what makes this job unique. I can go play a round of golf...and my round of golf is actually being paid for while I play. By the time I am on the 15th hole, my domains have paid for my green fees and my post-round meal.

Eventually I want to get to the point where my domains are able to pay for my vacations in the same way they pay for my golf games :)

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Residual Income: the Holy Grail of Investing.
There are many examples of making money while one sleeps (or golfs) such as dividends, property, business...
but few have a low entry cost. This is what makes domaining open to the masses and much like a lottery yet potentially lucrative.
Another difference is that this 'property' can be fixed up at a relatively small cost to increase it's value ie. content, ads.
I do think this can be an important part of an investment portfolio but classified as speculative to the uninitiated.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
It certainly is...that is what makes this job unique. I can go play a round of golf...and my round of golf is actually being paid for while I play. By the time I am on the 15th hole, my domains have paid for my green fees and my post-round meal.

Eventually I want to get to the point where my domains are able to pay for my vacations in the same way they pay for my golf games :)

:amen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom