Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain appraisal services

Status
Not open for further replies.

k31k0

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have few domains that I'd like to have manually appraised by some service. Can you give me some advice? I know that some are saying that they are doing manual appraisals, but they are actually doing automated appraisals.

I tried searching the forum but I got bunch of results users wanting appraisal for their own domain.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a domain is worth as much as someone will pay for it. I never really trusted ANY free domain appraisal service and the paid ones, while better, are still crap. They only look for the "obvious" indicators of worth in a domain, not taking into account the appropriate niche and so on. All they care about is how strong and how often the keyword(s) in the domains are used and if it is a dictionary term.

You WILL however get a nice ballpark if you post the domain here and get a couple est members to give you an idea of what it is worth plus an explanation as to why they think it's worth "X" amount.

k31k0

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have mostly .me domains and I get the feeling that users of this forum doesn't like those domains very much so I think I'd get mostly "reg fee" appraisals.

For the beginning, I bought PPC template (it's still in the "Working" phase) for domain funnystuff.me and I'll see how it goes.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the keywords are strong enough, it will have initial value. Any domain can turn into a popular money making website..just some domains are not suitable for type-in traffic and therefore the domain value undeveloped isn't worth much at all.

k31k0

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Phrase "funny stuff" had a million searches in October and it has 843.000 searches approximately (I got that from Google Keyword Tool). Let's hope it will have enough traffic that I at least pay of reg fee, hosting and PPC template.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

brindle123

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
paying for an appraisal is a waste of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom