Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain appraisals compared to what I want...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well basically, this company wants to purchase one of my domain names.

It is a .NET name, but it is VERY keyword rich. It's brandable, easy to remember, simple to spell and not long at all in characters.

I'm asking $x,xxx for it. They even thought I was going to ask for $xx,xxx. However, they are asking for a domain appraisal. Now, I am in no way trying to rip these people off, but I think a domain appraisal is unnecessary.

Domain appraisal companies do not take into consideration the potentional the domain has for a website. I could easily make $x,xxx off this domain if I established it. You might say that it's the website alone that brings in the $, but I disagree. You need a good domain that's easy to remember and obviously applies to the niche website.

Anywho, I would probably guess that any domain appraisal would not give the domain any more than a $500 certificate. And I told the guy this and I hope he understands.

What do you think? Am I in the wrong?

Domain Days 2024

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the buyer wants a domain appraisal then it is up to them to get one (and pay for it).

Are you sure this is not a con trick? A lot of cons are carried out along these lines, they insist you pay for the appraisal through a specific company, when you have paid for it you will never hear from the buyer again. Perhaps you should check this out further, but it sounds like a con, any knowledgeable buyer knows that appraisals are worthless.

I think any other posts will echo my feelings. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With that scam being so prevalent right now - just tell them that you are willing to come to an agreeable sales price but they must seek out and pay for any and all appraisals. Think of it as selling a used car - the buyer pays for a mechanic to come look over the car - not the seller.

Pooh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahh very interesting :)

I will do that. Thanks for the wisdom guys

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like scam. Tell them if they are interested in your name, to negotiate through sedo or afternic. If they want an appraisal it is on them and will have nothing to do with the sale price.

I would not have any other e-mail correspondence with them.

Pooh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
K well i told him he would need to pay for the appraisal. I'm pretty sure it's a scam though.

However, once it's all over, is there any way I could report this to anyone? Where would be a good place to get his "suggested domain appraisers" bashed for life?

-kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom