Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domain appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

2002mjf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As an absolute beginner in domaining, the first question I had was " How much is my domain worth? " I searched high and low for the answer to this and I have come up with a few theories and was hoping for some feedback.

First, the 'pay-for-appraisal' approach is totally useless, a waste of time, effort, and money.

Secondly, the 'ask-us-here' approach seems to be the best one , but even then I notice that the amounts given are sometimes vastly different. Still, you only have to look at the appraisers post count, legnth of time in whatever forum, and feedback ratings to weed out the "don't know what they are talking about's" from the "realistic" answers. That and if people are not being sheep, the same answer given repeatedly is usually the correct one.

Now, on to 'free-appraisals-online' I have noticed that same domain name are mostly worlds apart from each other.

Swiftappraisal com can be easily manipulated. Everyone think that they're domain is the best, so inputing your own data makes it hard to get a realistic amount.

Domaintops com does not seem to take much into consideration, so I will just dismiss them altogether.

Nameboy com seems to be appraisals on crack or steroids. The amounts given are way too high, even for an end-user.

Estibot com is one name that seems to stand out in the crowd. I have noticed that in this forum and others, thay come to be fairly highly regarded as free-appraisals go. I have noticed that when someone gives a human appraisal, I will check that amount against Estibot's and 9 times out of 10 it is roughly the same with Estibot being on the low cautious side.

There are (many) others that I have not listed here as they are not talked about much, or I have forgotten them!

With the above names, I have tried them using the same domain names that are asked about in forums. It is not overly scientific, but I think I am somewhat correct in my thoughts. I would like some people, espically old-timers, to give opinions, feedback, or just a plain "shut-up, you don't know what you are talking about:noidea:" answer. Also, I guess I am looking to confirm that estibot is the best to use, as I have started believing in what they say.

cheers to all for your replies :cheers: Mark
</IMG></IMG>

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

First of all, there is no 100% foolproof method of appraising a domain name. In my view it comes down to what the market will pay. For example, some people may want it for the traffic, but others might want to use it as a brand. As such, they may have completely different ideas as to what its worth.

Some people on DNF will use estibot to give them a quick overview. If you feel like a good read, check out the appraisals section in the Domainer Income Wiki (in my signature). It will give you a more detailed explanation of appraisals.

If you think you might have a good name then post it in the relevant forum and let the market give you a realistic opinion as to what its worth. You don't have to list it for sale - just ask what its worth. If you are not comfortable with releasing it publicly, then consider sending a few people a PM.

I hope this helps.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom