Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Broker Tips ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpitgosai

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,

I am looking for some tips for domain brokers. I am brokering some domains and about to close the deal. If I am brokering the domain inside forum then it is safe because some forum members have good reputation and they will never give any wrong information for their reputation.

But if I am brokering outside the forum to any unknown person what things should I consider so that I can get all the information correctly from both the parties ?

Anyone care to share some tips about domain brokering ?

DNcom

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can learn and follow the procedure from Sedo...

arpitgosai

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to be notified when the ownership of the domain change ?

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try Domain Tool's domain monitor. I'm not sure how many names they allow you to monitor on a free account, but I believe its definitely more than 500. You can also use their Name Server Spy to see domain name changes on a particular name server.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggest problems with brokering ...

1. The "owner" turns out not to be the true owner ... often a scammer will steal/hijack a domain and then seek to get a broker involved to muddy the waters - shift the focus of blame away from themselves to the broker, who in such scams are often held financially responsible when the "real" owner turns up often long after the scammer has been paid and is long gone.

2. Less extreme, is the "owner" is connected with ownership, but isn't solely authorized to sell it (ie. employee, partner, webhoster, etc).

3. Owner isn't committed to really selling it - real estate brokers often face the same problem of some homeowners who like to list their house for sale constantly with little to no intention of actually selling it.

4. Fraud by the buyer - a broker, if not careful, could find themselves in a similar financial situation as outlined in #1.

5. Buyer / seller bypasses the broker - this is very common. However, a well written, structured contract that grants the broker exclusive rights to sell can greatly mitigate this risk.

On a related note, for a brief time last year I was into brokering sales, but dialed it down due to various personal reasons, but also due to having the wrong focus - I thought what sellers sought most was promotion. However, in recent months it's clear that's often not the case ... many sellers, while they want exposure, are really seeking out someone with contacts and sales skills to get deals done ... heck, even the mere ability to handle payment and transfer problems can make a world of difference in a sale happening or not - anyways, there's definitely a huge opportunity for sales brokers. Good luck :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom