Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Domain Convergence in Niagra Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOff

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://domainconvergence.com/

It's great to see something like this coming into Canada, just too bad they picked a place not heavily populated with domainers. If your going, get your tickets soon. Only 70 spots available.

Oct. 6-8 2008

Domain Days 2024

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Day 2 and 3 would really benefit me, and I'm sure Day 1 would too. I'm seriously considering attending this.

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for posting about the conference here. I'm the Chairman of the conference, and while I'm not really active on DNForum, most people probably know me from DNN.com and I've also held about 8 Domainer Dinners in Toronto and other cities before.

As for domains, I did register my first name in 1995, but only really got started in domaining late. While working at Tucows, I also served some of the largest Domainer-type companies.

We chose Niagara Falls for the conference in order to "get away from it all" for one reason, and also because our friends from the US can join us as well without having to actually fly into Canada (flying to Buffalo is a lot cheaper).

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Justin, I'll respond to your email tonight.

/FM

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We drove up to Niagara Falls (CA) this summer - nice place, not as garishly touristy as people might think. If you're coming from the US, just be prepared for an exchange rate that is close to 1:1.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this conference geared towards domains in general, or just .CA? Just curious on the focus.

Thanks

lionfish

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great idea Frank and thanks for this workshop. I am an avid reader of your website and use it as one of many resources to stay up to date to what is happening in the domaining world. Sadly, I won't be able to attend this time as the conference date does not make that an option. I look forward to attending future ones and wish you all the best on the current one.

Victor

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this conference geared towards domains in general, or just .CA? Just curious on the focus.

Thanks

It is not exclusively geared towards .ca, since we will also have domainers from other countries coming to see us. However some of the sessions and experts are certainly focused on the .CA space - I also hear there is a movement to form a ICA type of organization for Canada, so we will provide a forum to those interested in that.

The main focus really to create an open information exchange, so the conference has more of a workshop type approach. We'd like everyone to take something practical from the conference and possible form one or the other new partnership.

Great idea Frank and thanks for this workshop. I am an avid reader of your website and use it as one of many resources to stay up to date to what is happening in the domaining world. Sadly, I won't be able to attend this time as the conference date does not make that an option. I look forward to attending future ones and wish you all the best on the current one.

Too bad Victor, it would have been good to have you there. I hope to see you at one of the other industry events.

/FM

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to DNF Frank...long time no see....:)

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tony - hope you can make it to DomainConvergence.

buymynames

small fish
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds fun Frank. Too bad, I can't make it to this event, but maybe next time...

Cheers!

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Ron.

For the others interested in attending, you can use rebate code "dnforum" to get $100 off the registration fee (now that the early bird rebate ended).

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Canadian Domain Name Owner's Association will also have their official formation meeting at the event (most likely on Monday or Tuesday) - just spoke to their lawyer today. More details on the website soon.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Canadian Domain Name Owner's Association"

Who is putting this together?

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Canadian Domain Name Owner's Association"

Who is putting this together?

The idea comes from Peter from emall.ca and Zak Muscovitch from dnattorney.com is setting up the non-profit.

Last edited:

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great idea. It is too bad that the press release has come out so late. Doesn't give us a lot of time to make plans. Make it in Vancouver next year. Alot of domainers on the west coast.

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great idea. It is too bad that the press release has come out so late. Doesn't give us a lot of time to make plans. Make it in Vancouver next year. Alot of domainers on the west coast.

Agreed, we should have started the public marketing effort much earlier, considering the hotel was chosen in June. Unfortunately you learn a lot when you do these things the first time, even if you have help. I've been mentioning the conference for a while publicly, but mostly on DomainNameNews.com etc, not so much in the public forums.

How much does it cost per ticket?

The price now is up to $599 CDN, but if you use the coupon code "dnforum" at registration you get $100 off the registration price.

/FM

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in Erie, PA for the next 2 weeks for work, so I would definitely make the 2 hour journey BUT I left my passport back at home. I knew I should have taken the 2 minutes to find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom