Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Dilemma : To SNAP or Not to SNAP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asscrap

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am wondering if I should use a domain backordering service for an important domain that I wanted to snap or should I do it the old fashioned way (via websites).

Pardon me for being paranoid but I think some domain backordering services monitor backordered domains.
If there is one that strike their fancy, they will make darn sure that they get it instead of you by engaging in "private auctions".

If I register the domain manually, at least I have the peace of mind that I don't have people snooping on that domain.

What do you guys think about it?

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think if it is a good domain then all the scripts and tools people use will "flag" it anyway and you will only have a "chance" if you use the backorder/drop services.

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with esologys post...Its the only way to go to stand a chance, its extremely rare for an existing good domain name to slip through the net

mezzo

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dreamking said:
I totally agree with esologys post...Its the only way to go to stand a chance, its extremely rare for an existing good domain name to slip through the net

Well, I don't think so. It is definetly true for Pagerank and traffic domains, but I wouldn't bother using snap services for "2nd class" names, ie. good domain names that were never seriously used but still have very useful names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom