Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain discount club, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm debating signing up for the domain discount club w/ GoDaddy.

The price is high but there are some good coupon codes that will knock it down to affordable for 1 or 2 year plans.

But, is it worth it? I'm not sure if I'll make the money back with discounted domains (I have a few dozen I am going to transfer over from other registrars). Cash parking has bad reviews (but I may try it) and I don't plan on using the appraisal service.

Thoughts?

Domain Days 2024

AustinWeb

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you have to really use some common sense about that "club".
how exactly are you getting a discount when you are paying an annual fee?
You have to set a quota for yourself to make sure you register enough domains to make up for the fee.

With their current rates and the club fee, you would pay full price for the first 12 domains. How is that a savings?

You'd save 20% by signing up for the GD affiliate program & running ALL of your purchases through your link. You then have a way to monetize referrals for friends & associates registering domains. Or, if you are seriously unmotivated and cheap, you can signup for the GD mailing list & read the coupon thread to get the latest codes.

GD is out to make as much cash as possible while making it look like you are getting a great deal. Look at the idiots who PAY to have their sites parked with Cash Parking.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They allow that? :) Hmmm, maybe I better go re-read their rules at CJ.
No. But you can always use coupon codes you can find in Google for Renewals and Registrations -- just be sure you don't let in auto-renew.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No. But you can always use coupon codes you can find in Google for Renewals and Registrations -- just be sure you don't let in auto-renew.

I assumed not... just didnt want to miss anything. :)

I normally let my rep handle it. Just keep an eye on the invoices, they do slip up sometimes.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It stinks that you need to buy the DDC package but if you have a lot of domains at Go Daddy, you should. Your rep is NOT allowed to give you the prices that you get with DDC. You will pay about .40-$1.15 (approximate) per domain using your rep. Your rep won't tell you this unless you pointedly ask the question. As a 'special' customer they make you think that you are better off using a rep. That used to be the case, until Go Daddy Bob (Parsons) figured out another way to nickel and dime you between 'Go Daddy Girl' interviews and toting up expired domain sales. You will also do better buying this thing rather than messing with their reseller program unless you'd like to collect some names that Bob will make the real money on when they expire and he gets to sell them at TDNAM.

You may also do better finding another registrar. Unfortunately, they all seem to be crooks in one way or the other. I went to one other large registrar and then went to transfer some names. The prices that their rep had quoted me verbally turned out to be for the first year of new registrations. He didn't mention that till I asked about the 'problem' so for now, under diress, its DDC for me. I can't get that registrar or another that I asked about quantity rates to even answer their support or sales department emails. To be fair, Go Daddy is above average on that but when they find out that you are a 'special' customer, everything shuts down till they can find a rep to allow customer service to begin for you.

One more note: You are supposed to get the very best prices without using coupons with the DDC program. Like so many things with Go Daddy, that isn't true. You will get .BIZ registrations and renewals for $1.00 less using cjcbentld. There may well be other anomolies. I brought this up to Go Daddy but they could care less as DDC members are just paying to pay an extra $1.00 and that's sure OK by Bobby P!

ALSO, if you do sign up for DDC, use the promo code CATALOG1 to buy it. It will save you $20. This code also works for $20 off $75 or more for 'Investor's Edge' purchases as of now, at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom