Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domain dissapeared from enom account

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would really appreciate any help any of you can offer.

On the 19th of November, I grabbed a dropping domain through the enom API.

I especially remember the domain since I had already stared looking for potential buyers.
Today, someone reminded me of this name, and I just checked again so that I can PM them the domain for an offer.
The domain is not there.
I am *certain* beyond any doubt that I regged that domain.

Unfortunately, I started backing up my enom domains about 2 weeks after that date. (I have made posts on asking help about how to back up enom domains, its in the forum's archives).

The domain is still at enom with another indivudual with the same sponsoring registrar (I assume that's assigned to enom).

All I am asking is, is there any method on the net I can search to see who regged the domain first in the event it was either accidentally or intentionally taken from my account?

I really appreciate any help.
Thanks.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have a reseller account, (which I assume you do) you can look at your "registrations" report and if you did register it, it should be on that list.

I don't know if there is such a list for non-resellers.

If you want to find evidence of your content being attached to the domain at some time, you could try looking for the domain on google with appropriate keywords/phrases. If you are lucky and it's there, check to see if the description is yours and/or click on the cache link.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. Yes i have a reseller account, and the first thing I did was to check for the specific date, and I found the other 4 domains I had that day, but not this one.

I will try the google method.

Thanks again.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it will appear as if Enom has secured a domain for you when in fact someone else beat you to it. This happens to me constantly. At first I thought something was up but I was going for drops. If you were going after a drop someone probably beat you by a milisecond. If it was not a drop then something might be amiss here. You should still have receipt showing that you ordered the name and it was not available.

I still get kind of sour even when I know someone legitimately beat me to a name when I check and they got the name and I didn't. I'm sure people feel the same way when I beat them to the name and they think they got it.

Best of luck. I hope you can get it figured out.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes...
that may well be the case.

I have it written down as a drop I caught, but apparently, I was beaten to it.
Or so it seems.
I guess it is a hard lesson to learn :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom