Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

'domain enquiry' email spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguss

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you guys also receive this email? Unbelievable!

'Hello Domain Sellers,
I here to inform you that 3 top level domains are for sale. They are eFreinds.com Auction7.net DumGuy.net is up for sale. They are rare and easy to remember domain names. They are worth over $2000 each.

They must be sold quickly so the price will be low!

I am open to all offers above $450 for each domain! I am already receiving alot of offers so you must give me an offer asap if you are interested. Don't hesitate to make an offer even if you don't think its higher than other offers. I am open to offers for all 3!

Offers will be accepted only till July 31.

There are many other domains for sale and they can be seen at eFreinds.com. Email all offers to [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank you for your time! I hope to here from you again.'

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I did not get that one. Finally, one that I did not get.

And, please do not give them my email address.

I am presently receiving tons of emails from all of honest people in Africa that has money they want to give away.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got two of them. And to top it all off you can register Auction7.net and DumGuy.net for a insanely low price at your preferred registry.. lol

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by aguss
Did you guys also receive this email? Unbelievable!

'Hello Domain Sellers,
I here to inform you that 3 top level domains are for sale. They are eFreinds.com Auction7.net DumGuy.net is up for sale. They are rare and easy to remember domain names. They are worth over $2000 each.

They must be sold quickly so the price will be low!

I am open to all offers above $450 for each domain! I am already receiving alot of offers so you must give me an offer asap if you are interested. Don't hesitate to make an offer even if you don't think its higher than other offers. I am open to offers for all 3!

Offers will be accepted only till July 31.

There are many other domains for sale and they can be seen at eFreinds.com. Email all offers to [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank you for your time! I hope to here from you again.'

I got that one too. I emailed him back and told him the domain was spelled wrong and thus worthless. Safe to say I WAS NOT INTERESTED!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SPam is bad and iligal.

Selling a name unregged is bad business practice.

Although I cant say I havent done it b4 :-(

Hopefully those days are over.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got that....I replied and told the spammer I would pay $0.05 for each name...

lol...

EFreinds.net :laugh:

JoDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got a modified version of that email from Nika Lonlan:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Domain Sellers,
I here to inform you that http://eFreinds.com is up for sale. eFreinds.com is a rare and easy to remember domain name. You can't think of an easier name for a site that describes what the site is about.

It was and can be used as a place for people make new freinds online and to chat, post messages and do many more things online.

I am open to all offers above $500. I am already receiving alot of offers so you must give me an offer asap if you are interested. Offers will be accepted only till July 31.

There are many other domains for sale and they can be seen at eFreinds.com. Email all offers to [email protected].

Thank you for your time! I hope to here from you again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On their website efreinds.com (which is by the way a frame page for a Geocities.com page(http://www.geocities.com/j01001010/freinds.html), they listed 15 domains for sale, 10 of them are not registered!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmm....

its got the 'e' prefix
its a .net
its a mis-spell

lol, easy to remember.....

some people amaze me....

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used their appraisal system to appraise efreinds.net and I got less than $100 (the lowest reading)

how did they get $40,000 :laugh:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This guy is a pure spammer (obviously knows nothing about domains). I was getting those 2 or 3 times a day. I used the Report Spam feature on my I Hate Spam software (for Outlook) and Hotmail informed me they cancelled two of the accounts they were also using to send those messages from. I have reported to the other addresses too. I Hate Spam is great. One click and it sends the email with all of the header info to the real originating ISP to report the spammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom