Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Enquiry from Afternic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a domain listed with Afternic as "Make An Offer", and I just received the following email from Afternic saying:

"You have this domain listed for sale with us. But it is not listed with a Buy Now price. Can you tell me what that is? We have a buyer that is interested in purchasing it. Please reply back to me as soon as you can."

Is there a "best practice" way of handling such an enquiry? Obviously, I want to move through the process to my benefit and hoping you guys have some preferred ways of doing this.

FYI, the domain is a two word (brandable) domain related to Kids/Retail and thinking it would be worth quite a bit if the buyer was a leader in the Kids industry... but with Afternic acting a third party I am not able to find out if this is the case... So looking for a little direction from you guys.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jeff

Last edited:

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say about 3 to 5 times what a reseller ( domainer) would pay.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have also had luck selling with this offers. Usaully the buyer is end-user. So ask for a lot.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank guys,

I searched afternic and sedo for similar domains and set my "buy now" price on upper end of those.

Thanks again for you feedback... most appreciated.

R:
Jeff

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had the same inquiry on two of my names at Afternic the last couple weeks. After setting my prices, neither name has received an offer, yet. Best of luck with your domain/sale!

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had the same inquiry on two of my names at Afternic the last couple weeks. After setting my prices, neither name has received an offer, yet. Best of luck with your domain/sale!

Thanks for feedback.

For me... I left it as "Make An Offer" on site but did reply to email with offer.

I originally thought it was not good having them ask me for price... but on reflection I think it's probably to my advantage.

Reason being
I went and checked similar bids on AfterNic/Sedo and closely matched the upper limits. So, they put me in the driver seat and gave me the opportunity to set the stage as a high roller stage... Had they started off with a low bid then they would have set the stage as low ball park. Sure I could walk... but it's a game and they asked me to set the stage. So think that's good.

Thanks again.

Regards
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom