Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Expiration Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjael

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are domain registrars obliged to send e-mail or other means of notice of pending domain expiration? I'm talking about actively being in touch to relate that "these names are due to expire in xx days," not simply having the information available to a registrant on the registrar site.

Again, is this something a registrar must do--an ICANN rule or the like--or is it merely a courtesy extended by some registrars but not others?

One of my registrars used to send at least some warning of about-to-expire domains, but my account exec. left the company in June and I never heard another word from them. The lack of communication caused me to lose some names, which has resulted in a certain deterioration of my relationship with them. Too bad, as they're basically a good company.

So, do they have to...or no. Thanks!

Domain Days 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The renewal reminders are a courtesy. Moreover you can decide which type of notification you want or don't want to receive... but E-mail is not as reliable as it used to be.

The whois verification E-mails on the other hand are mandated by Icann to ensure whois stays current.

You must keep a list of all domains that you own. Consider this a lesson learned. You are going to lose domains again if you don't keep track of your inventory.

PS: congrats on your first post in 2 years ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom