Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Fishing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Bell

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the domain game, and got a question. I've a c# developer by trade, and I'd like to build myself a "tool" to help my efforts at finding nice names. Is there any kind of rule or law being broken by hammering up against registrars like I'm fixing to do? Thanks!

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is a pretty broad statement. Each registrar has their own rules and TOS. eNom will ban you if you try and "hammer away" at them. Others don't even allow a connection.

Mike Bell

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Well, that's the reason I was asking. I'm new to it and don't really know what's frowned upon and flat out against the rules. I figured I could get a sum up of a generalized "can-do"'s and "not-to-do"'s. Thanks :)

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ironically, or at least it seems so to me, Network Solutions seems to allow an unlimited amount of whois when other registrars won't. but that is personal experience, they do have a limit as I found this list on a website that seems to be helpful:

"Here are some examples of the limits set by different domain registrars. Please note that these are just a few examples. Almost all registrars have similar limits in place.

Tucows (whois.opensrs.net) rejects multiple simultaneous connections from the same IP. You will have to be satisfied with one connection at a time.

BulkRegister (whois.bulkregiter.net) will immediately block the IP temporarily if they notice a large number of connections being made. This is done by their software automatically.

Network Solutions (whois.networksolutions.com) will block the IP temporarily if you do more than 1000 lookups in a day.

Go Daddy (whois.godaddy.com) will simply start hiding all the relevant information from the returned whois text if your IP gets in their list.

Nominet (UK domains) has a new whois usage policy applicable from March 31 2003.

...most other registrars also have similar restrictions."

If you'd like to know where I found that just PM me.

Vivvy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom