Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"Domain For Sale" Link on your parked page - What is your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate any input and/or experience you have with adding a "Domain For Sale" link on your parked pages. I have always been curious of this, as it seems as if a visitor visits your site (being a parked page or ppc type site) and notices a big "This Domain is For Sale" link, would they not be more inclined to go elsewhere? It might leave the impression that if the site is for sale (in there eyes) that it is unofficial and could be hurting your click through rates.

I realize that a lot of you never sell domains, however please share your thoughts or opinions on this topic.

Thanks

John

Domain Days 2024

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have only twice received an offer on a parked page with 'domain for sale' text other than names parked at sedo. This is out of hundreds and hundreds of names.. I haven't noticed any effect on the ctr.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I use to park, I always tend to leave it off. I use to figure if they wanted it bad enough, they would go through WHOIS and contact me.

Plus, I always tried to cut out any possible middle-men

But as far as effecting ctr, I doubt it really would. As long as the visitors still see links relative to what they searched to end up there.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had luck with adding at the bottom:

If you are intrested in buying this domain please email us!

This is nothing special and short and sweet and to the point.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to sell most of my domains, so I'm happy for a "for sale" sign or similar to be shown, even if there is a slight drop in PPC income.

Trafficz.com have a discreet "inquire about this domain" link at the bottom of the page, or top, depending on the landing format you select.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to receive heaps of offers.. mostly all surfers being stuipid though..

Most serious enquiries are via the whois

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom