Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DOMAIN HACK NAMES. (blo.gs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradpitt

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Domain hacks offer the ability to produce extremely short domain names. For example, blo.gs has a total of only five letters (versus blogs.com, at eight letters), as every letter is taken into account as the site's title."

What are your thoughts on domain hacks? Do enough forum users own domain hacks to start a thread for selling/buying?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain hacks should be sold with their respective CCTLD's in the Gold Forum. There is not enough demand to justify opening a forum specifically for domain hacks.

IMO

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They hold value in they eye of the beholder.

There is one domainer on this forum who just does domain hacks.

If .id opened up their ccTLD for registration like .CO did (instead of having to buy .co.id, .net.id, .or.id, etc.), I wouldn't mind owning dav.id at a reasonable price.

But no, I don't believe there are enough hack holders on this forum (worthy ones) to consider opening up a hack only subforum.

With the .ng ccTLD there could be nice ones, but you'll find like cigarettesmoki.ng on it and not domains like ki.ng (which would appeal to some).

JMO

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think domain hacks are worthless in general but sometimes you get lucky.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think they have any reseller value but sometimes they can have end-user value.

That being said, I actually do like domain hacks. I've dreamt about owning inter.net since I was 15. I also own my businesses domain hack (almo.st).

Last edited:

bradpitt

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got a low ball offer for one recently (inquiri.es) but declined. I own discoveri.es, poolsi.de, valuabl.es and some other generic words, think i will hold onto them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom