Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain is never good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarsenDomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not necessarily a noob at domaining. I just have not made big sales because I sold hand regs to ebay buyers.

My new goal has been to acquire premium domains from expired auctions such as Godaddy and SnapNames, and then sell them to end users or Flippa.
My issue is not the capital, it is nothing seems good enough for me.
Maybe it is just my experience showing but why can't I find "very good domains"?
Am I just being too picky?

I only want generic high search keyword domains.
I look at all the domains people bid on Godaddy auctions and I shudder in horror lolPlease note I am not trying to build websites on these domains, just to resell on Flippa.
Did you have this problem when you first started?

My filter I set:
2 words max
.com
2000 monthly exact searches per month or more
no hyphens

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A good place to start would be going to "Browse Inventory" and then under "Popular Searches", select "Most Active". This will give you a rough idea of what people want to buy and/or buying that will sell for the greatest amount on the aftermarket.

I don't see any "2 word max" filters that you're talking about. Are you sure you're on GoDaddy?

You may be referring to "Keywords" and typing in "2000" thinking that's the amount it's searched for. However, that's the keywords contained in the domain name. For instance, put in "cars" and you will find domains including the name "cars".

LarsenDomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use expireddomains.net for those filters
2000 exact google searches and 2 words

LarsenDomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess the problem I am trying to explain is I only look for exact match keyword domains, and nothing else.
or one word premium domains.
example: WebTemplates.com , money.info
Other people bid based on things like Page Rank, Alexa, Backlinks, age etc.

People only seem to pay money for Keyword domains on Flippa

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing those features because I'm not a member of the website. However, browsing the auction sites (GoDaddy, SnapNames, etc.) would be best unless you're filtering through their deleted list (in which case you can grab them for reg fee). If it's "Most Active" on GoDaddy, there's most likely those filters you applied on the expiring domains.

Good luck!

LarsenDomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I think using Most Active could be a great place to start! Then you know which ones the "Sharks" are going for.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see.

In that case I would get a raw list of expiring domain names (and their sources so you know where to bid) and pending delete. Then with this list, run a keyword filter through it for items in your niche, dictionary words or famous two word terms. Then you could apply the Google "exact match" once you've extracted the data you want. However, these lists are already being farmed and will most likely show up on Snapnames/GoDaddy as being most active or with backorders already in place since there are people way ahead of you already.

-David

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I think using Most Active could be a great place to start! Then you know which ones the "Sharks" are going for.

Don't completely rely on that list though as the "sharks" could be fishermen throwing "bait" out there while they hike up names with the intention of not buying it (check bidders as well as bid amount) to draw attention away from the real domain that they want for the lowest price. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom