Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain lost at NameSecure.com *PoOf* and... gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collector

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exactly what the title states!

I bought over a bulk of domains from a seller registered at NameSecure and attempted to transfer one of the domains to eNom. The transfer failed (probably due to the 60 days rule) and then the domain went into a "Lock" status (in place of the usual "Modify/Update" option for those who use NameSecure before). Then I couldn't even make changes to the nameservers or anything at all because the "Modify/Update" link is missing.

Then this morning when I wake up and login to check, it went "PoOf*... and gone! The domain disappeared! *Panick Attack* Of course, feeling panicky, I quickly do a whois and found out that the domain is still registered under my name. I quickly do screenshots from several whois providers to establish claim to it just in case it is transferred away from me!

Any advise on how I can establish legal claims to it other than screenshot (because I realise that screenshots do not display current time, therefore it might still be disputable)?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

BTW, NameSecure's "Reply to you as soon as possible" = 3 days.

Regards,
Collector

M

mole

Well, you can ask your seller to back you up. If I have to buy via PayPal transaction, I will always mention the name of the domain(s) this payment is for in the payment entry. Hope you did the same.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Collector said:
Any advise on how I can establish legal claims to it other than screenshot (because I realise that screenshots do not display current time, therefore it might still be disputable)?
Any FULL whois record will show the "Whois Update" time stamp, which will generally be that day (that you snapshotted it). The exceptions generally are when there is a "cache" system in place by the website showing the information, like at Whois.sc. Lately they do not seem to specify whether the data is cached, or when the data was last pulled live.

The Whois Update should appear like this:
>>> Last update of whois database: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:04:23 EST

Sites that support full whois:
Whois-Search.com
(my own site linked in my sig)
Network Solutions (click "Show underlying registry data" below record)
Etc...

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom