Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domain managent software

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any domain management software?

To be more specific, lets say one ones thousands of domains across tens of registars, what's the best tool out there to manage them?

I dont mean just to alert you when a domain is expiring, I get enough of those emails already from the registrars, but what about a PC side software to enable you to manage them by category (for easy sales when one requests a category sale)...etc... ?

Thanks.

P.S.

Also, it seems that some software (at least 2 I have tried) want internet access, so they need to be 'okayed' by my firewall, which makes me a little paranoid...

So a trustworthy source would be much appreciated!

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM sent. Let me know if anyone else is interested.

~ Nexus

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow!

this looks great! But will it be available as a PC side program?
Do you ned any beta testers?

looks great really, but so far it looks like its only web based, and If a program that wants to access the internet from my side makes me a little (ehhmm paranoid), this makes me much more.

Great idear though!

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, currently only web-based. Other options are being worked on (and I'm anxious about them too), but we have to finish the web version first. All domain name management apps probably need to access the Internet at *some* point though, so being concerned about that would definitely present a challenge. I consider myself to be trustworthy though. :)

Yes. I really do need a limited number of testers. It's currently in "alpha-test", as it isn't "feature-complete" yet. I could set you up with a limited account to test with (150 names max) for free for the next 2 months.

If either of you would like to use this web-application to manage thousands of your names with a limited number of queries per day (up to 200-300). I could pre-populate your database of up to 6,000 names with all your whois information (so you only need to check NEW names), and set up an account for you for a monthly fee. I already have one client on board making good use of it, even in its current state. I definitely use it to keep track of my names. As the software is improved, I'll update your copy automatically.

Data back-up options are currently provided in XML, CSV, and a few other formats.

Let me know,
~ Nexus

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mydomainportfolio.com

That's own3ed my dnforum.

-=DCG=-

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
--FYI, you guys should also remember to look at the tool: WatchMyDomains. I believe its now called DomainPunch. At www.SoftNik.com . They've been around a while, and have some solid tools.
http://www.softnik.com/

There is also a toold called DomainWatchDog ( www.domainwatchdog.info ), and a nice Internet Explorer based app called KFWhois (by KeyFocus.)
http://www.kfwhois.com/kfwhois/

The ones in my post a pretty decent. I've tried many others, but I have to say, there are lots of bad programmers out there who have no clue what makes a good application. Beware of those. You'll waste a lot of time going in circles.

One I've found to be particularly bad was "NameStalker". Very unintuitive, cludgy, expensive, and the demo crashed my machine. At least one other I can say the same about.

~ Nexus

Chosen

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nexus
Do you sell license to the script, or is it only subscription for an account?
Thanks

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chosen, the script will be licensed *and* sold as a service (both). The service is only made available for people who don't want to bother with installing and hosting the script themselves.

~ Nexus

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing what u have Nex when you finish it! :)

C0113c70r

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:

...what about a PC side software to enable you to manage them by category (for easy sales when one requests a category sale)...etc... ?

...Also, it seems that some software (at least 2 I have tried) want internet access, so they need to be 'okayed' by my firewall, which makes me a little paranoid...

Not a bad idea. Give me a few days and I'll have such an application ready. And, since you gave me the idea, I'll give you a retail build of the application as a way of saying thank you.

General specs:
1) Executable 32-bit app w/128-bit encrypted password for security purposes
2) No attempts to access the internet
3) Utilizing a multi-table relational Jet database
4) Custom categories
5) Reports
6) CHM Help Manual

Anything else you'd like to see in this app? Please PM me you wish list. Persons giving the most useful feature requests that I implement will receive a free copy of the software.

C0113c70r

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I posted this a long time ago, but here goes again.

I use Excel. I find to be the best for me. I have a few titles with the information below them. Titles are as follows.

"Domain" "Registrar" "Expiry Date" "Notes"
With notes, I put something like "Must Renew", or "Sell", or "Sell or Drop". When a domain is to be renewed within 3 months or so, I bold the "Must Renew".

RMF

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
C0113c70r said:
Not a bad idea. Give me a few days and I'll have such an application ready. And, since you gave me the idea, I'll give you a retail build of the application as a way of saying thank you.

C0113c70r

Thanks!

Can't wait for your gift :)

While you are at it, here are a few extras I would think many would find useful.
A quick way to locate 2 and 3 letter domains.
List of domains owned by extension
keyword search within the domain list

Thanks!

Keyworddomains.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:

To be more specific, lets say one ones thousands of domains across tens of registars, what's the best tool out there to manage them?

Take a look here:
www.domainbusiness.com/software.shtml

Features of DnFile:
Keep track of all your domains with our custom domain tracking software. Fields include registration date, expiration date, purchase price, sales price, registrar, registrar ID and password, host, host ID and password, FTP, FTP ID and password, PPC info, redirected url, previous offers, potential buyers, notes and much more.

Current reports include domain expiration date and profit/loss statement.

Besides you get much more software and tools for a membership fee of $ 29/year

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi nexus,
can you send me a pm about your tool as well?
best regards
Nico

C0113c70r

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seeker: I've had a couple of setbacks, but I'm still working on that app. I'll get it to you as soon as its finished. As a matter of fact, I've had a change of heart and have decided that once it's finished I'll relase it as Freeware to members of DNForum.

Sorry about the delays.

C0113c70r

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom