Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNforum has 15 areas for domain discussion. I would like to see a 16th area added.

Domain Marketing!
Now that you have acquired, snapped, appraised, regged, checked legal issues, checked traffic, and all the other stuff, what do you do with it?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

You sell it!

How do you do that? If I do a search here for marketing or selling, the discussions are mostly about selling between dnforum buyers, with the occasional eBay and AfterNIC laugh thrown in .

What is needed is discussion about strategies to market the names to the end user.

Here is an example where I would like to see some input and discussion...

I received some junk mail on this company, http://www.nikomarketing.com/

They mail inquiries to possible buyers from whois info with offers to buy your domain(s). I doubt this is effective, but has anyone ever used someone like them? Is there a way to target buyers using keywords like transportation, finance, widgets?

What about using a Dun & Bradstreet guide for corporations, get contact names, and have a lawyer draft a letter offering name(s) directly to the potential buyer? Would this be a more professional way to get your offer on the desk of the end user?

These are just ideas I am throwing out, but the goal is the same, sell that domain for a decent price!

I've asked this question here before, and no one seemed to have answers.

Would this area become important, and be used?

I can't think of anything more important in this endeavor than actually making a good sale of your hard earned name. It's the culmination of all your work, and I would like to hear more about how it's done.

Dave

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I suppose the marketing part is really the establishment of your selling forum, and this is a very personal thing. There is a reselling forum which covers things like Ebay and sedo. The legal sections covers the problems of approaching potential buyers without getting the name taken away from you. Other things can fit into misc, valuation etc.

What were you thinking of including in marketing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom