Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Mistake. Need Some Advice/Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I was bidding on a domain name and left my computer open while I was in the shower. I knew I wasn't going to win the auction since it was above how much I could pay. Well, I was babysitting and the youngster (10) made me the high bidder of the auction and I won.

Unfortunatley, I now own a name that I can't afford and either want to 1.) dispute this with snapnames or 2.) Sell really quickly.

The domain name is SEOAdvisor.com

Please give me your thoughts on what I should do or what you would do if you were me.

Thanks!
FSNet

anatoly

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
did you pay for the name already?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least it wasn't your pet parrot that bid for you.

Who's to say it wasn't your 18-year-old parrot who bid and legally allowed to enter into a contract. :)

Call them. I'm sure it won't be the first time they heard this story, nor will it be the last.

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I called them but no answer since it was the evening. I tried calling my credit card company, but the charge is already pending and there is nothing I can do unless SnapNames reverses the charges.

In your honest opinion, do you think I can sell this name for a decent bit or should I pursue trying to get a refund?

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I was bidding on a domain name and left my computer open while I was in the shower. I knew I wasn't going to win the auction since it was above how much I could pay. Well, I was babysitting and the youngster (10) made me the high bidder of the auction and I won.

Unfortunatley, I now own a name that I can't afford and either want to 1.) dispute this with snapnames or 2.) Sell really quickly.

Please give me your thoughts on what I should do or what you would do if you were me.

Thanks!
FSNet

I see no wrong intentions here.
But why bid without funds or no intention to pay?
May I suggest You take up Your responsibility?
Business is business.
Pay what it takes and see from there.
Who plays to win should accept to loose.
Anyway, imo SeoAdvisor.com should resell easily.
Success!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I was babysitting and the youngster (10) made me the high bidder of the auction and I won.

I think I literally just sharted from laughing so hard :pound:

Wow, I love this forum LMFAO

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Contact them and explain the situation. They will not take your money. I had similar situation with namejet.

It is not a problem.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or you could always just be straight up and be like "I was drunk, it was the holidays..I don't want it"

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
I see no wrong intentions here.
But why bid without funds or no intention to pay?
May I suggest You take up Your responsibility?
Business is business.
Pay what it takes and see from there.
Who plays to win should accept to loose.
Anyway, imo SeoAdvisor.com should resell easily.
Success!

maybe he bid up to his limit then stop?
Anyway thats a first time I heard story. Anyone who can draw cartoons should make this a domain comic strip.lol..

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The guys (and girls) at Snapnames are very understanding and professional and I'm sure that if you just tell them how it went down, exactly as it happened, they'll re-auction the domain. Just don't make it a habit and they'll be cool about it. :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
FSNet

i'm gonna come down hard on you, cause i'm a parent and it's the holiday's....

renew the name for 8 years and sell it to the 10year old you were babysitting, when they get 18.

why in the hell would you go in the shower, while babysitting anyway.

you're lucky the kid didn't set the house on fire!

anything could have happened.

why you couldn't wait till the kid was sleep or something?

did you stink so bad?

pay the bid and move on....maybe it will be good fortune down the road for such an irresponsible act on your part.

imo...

EG.domains

GenericDomainMarket.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see you already requested Appraisal for this domain yesterday.

BTW, I have the auction history in my account & I don't think this "bidding style" will come from 10 years old :)

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see you already requested Appraisal for this domain yesterday.

BTW, I have the auction history in my account & I don't think this "bidding style" will come from 10 years old :)

Wur, wur... I thought my spidey senses smelled BS...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He probably is a decent guy looking for an excuse to not pay a bid......we have all won names we did'nt really want to before I'm sure...I always at least went after stuff with traffic or something liquid like an acronym 3 letter or something so I could cash back out of it......I don't go after "brandable" names at auctions when people are bidding against them because you don't know if it's really another live person or not. Remember, they are all out to get you. They are all crooks, every single last one of them. :eek:k:

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did legitimately bid too much with my iPhone when it first came out and I was still learning the feel of the touch pad keys. I called them immediately and sent an email immediately explaining what I did and how I did it, and they either offered it to the next highest bidder, or re-auctioned it. I don't remember. Point is, they can be forgiving if the story adds up.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am just about fed up with the dog ... fcuker keeps eating my homework .. even after he read the TOS plainly printed on the back of my homework book ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom