Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Name Forum.com hacked!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got this mail from a hacker that Domain Name Forum.com has been hacked. The site shows the hacked webpage. Guess I got the mail because I had an account there. Did any one else had an account at that site?

Mail : ------------------------

From: [email protected] (Spoofed address: original is [email protected], IP: 61.115.228.135)

hi all

iam soofaa hackers and iam

hacked fo this site

loooooooooooool

http://www.Domain Name Forum.com

and i say agin

F*** u.s.a & Israel

bye :)

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Me too! Looks like domain name forum guys were using an old version of vBulletin. No words from the staff about the details of exploit yet.

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
manish said:
Me too! Looks like domain name forum guys were using an old version of vBulletin. No words from the staff about the details of exploit yet.
Yes, it must be related to their out of date vB version. They should at least update to 2.3.5!

vb 2.3.1 - www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79486 (security and bug fix release)
vb 2.3.2 - www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79636
vb 2.3.3 - www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86752
vb 2.3.4 - www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91409 (security and bug fix release)
vb 2.3.5 - www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99052 (security and bug fix release)

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
soofa is the group that hacked my forum ... they're malicious little things too, dumping the site completely leaving only their hacked page... i hope they had a backup.

Vivvy

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Vivvy said:
soofa is the group that hacked my forum ... they're malicious little things too, dumping the site completely leaving only their hacked page... i hope they had a backup.
Vivvy
That's just awful. I talked to a hacker once. Had hacked into my AOL account due to a somewhat cavalier attitude that led me to thinking I couldn't possibly be infected by downloading a text file. I tracked his activity by having a friend e-mail me what he'd e-mailed everyone on my buddy list. When I found a name that didn't match anyone I knew, I started looking for it online. I found him and had a charming conversation about his activities and how "fun" and "cool" he felt it was to screw with people's work. Even showed me his website. It's very disturbing to look into the rabbit hole and see how far it goes. He signed off of the stolen account and I never heard from him again.

~ Nexus

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stinos said:
... but they should know that they always have to upgrade

Not speaking for the ownership of DNF but I can say upgrading any kind of program is a slow process and not too easy, especially with issues such as the upgrade itself often having bugs, compatability issues, and the fact the forum has hacks running which may or may not work with an upgraded version.

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also got this mail, 2 bad.. hope they fix it!

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder why they take such little forums. There are much bigger forums on the net, yet they dont bother to hack them.

I am sure if this was done on webhostingtalk.com they would have traced them.
I must say domain name forum.com has very poor administrating. I have never personally seen an admin online or a mod. Or have i ever seen any threads moved by a mod!

There are plenty of things you can do to make your forum more secure. like changing your cpanel password evey week. make it have numbers and latter and at least 15 chars!

htpassword the admincp and modcp of your vbulletin etc.

They probably didnt bother to do that!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I feel really bad for Toho, he is a member here and a class act, he also owns that forum.

-=DCG=-

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
I wonder why they take such little forums. There are much bigger forums on the net, yet they dont bother to hack them.
It's all about opportunity. Updating software narrows the window.

~ Nexus

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
I feel really bad for Toho, he is a member here and a class act, he also owns that forum.

-=DCG=-

poor toho. but the latest version of vbulletin is 3.0.7. and his forum version is 2.3.2. that means forum wasn't upgraded for at least two years or so, and that is simply not acceptable if u r aiming to run a good (safe) service. if u gonna run the forum professionaly, u need to keep up with latest. for example, this forum is 3.0.7. as it should be.

it seems to me that toho needs help. my guess is he has too many things on his mind, and not enough time to do everything.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not updating is asking for trouble, just a matter of when not if, if you dont keep upto date

Stinos

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
Not speaking for the ownership of DNF but I can say upgrading any kind of program is a slow process and not too easy, especially with issues such as the upgrade itself often having bugs, compatability issues, and the fact the forum has hacks running which may or may not work with an upgraded version.

I know it's a pain in the ass cause i have some forums on my own with installed hacks and i really hate it to upgrade them cause than most of the hacks will not work anymore or need to be adjusted.

But still, I think it's just priority to upgrade a forum :)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stinos said:
I know it's a pain in the ass cause i have some forums on my own with installed hacks and i really hate it to upgrade them cause than most of the hacks will not work anymore or need to be adjusted.

But still, I think it's just priority to upgrade a forum :)

With vbulletin its so easy to update

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://soofaa.jeeran.com/wel.htm thats his website (the hackers) made an intresting read!

His slogan

"Soofaa has hacked many sites on the web with cheap script kiddie tricks but when he hit ours he made his last mistake. Don't mess with the best Kid.

SkEEvE/K*aN$T"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom