Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain name hijacked by icann accredited registrar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a legally sensitive case so i will keep all information anonymous and brief. Email communication has been concluded between myself an a corporate strategic provider over 2 domain names under dispute which they believed is a breach of trademark. An agreement was reached to settle the domain names for a sum of payment to be made to my personal bank account. However one of the domains have now been transferred to this corporate portfolio registrar in good faith prior to the release of funds and now i have on email a response to refuse to transfer any funds or conclude any further communication and/or negotiation with myself from their legal department.

I have not authorized such terms under the domain registrar transfer, can anyone suggest steps to manage this process amicably?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
getting a lawyer on their ass seems to be the only way i would know...you voluntarilty transferred before payment..ouch.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a legally sensitive case so i will keep all information anonymous and brief. Email communication has been concluded between myself an a corporate strategic provider over 2 domain names under dispute which they believed is a breach of trademark. An agreement was reached to settle the domain names for a sum of payment to be made to my personal bank account. However one of the domains have now been transferred to this corporate portfolio registrar in good faith prior to the release of funds and now i have on email a response to refuse to transfer any funds or conclude any further communication and/or negotiation with myself from their legal department.

I have not authorized such terms under the domain registrar transfer, can anyone suggest steps to manage this process amicably?

I notice that you are detailed as being in London. Is the domain with a UK based Registrar ?. Is the company a UK based company ?. If you like PM me with more info and will make
some suggestions ,if this is UK based matter.

DG

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The registrar is indeed based in the UK and icann accredited corporate domain portfolio management company. I will not submit much more information at this point as i have also forwarded the matter to my lawyer however your experience and feedbacks regarding such matters would be very useful to resolve the matter. It's deeply disturbing an agreement reached in writing via email as well as phone via a third party would result in a domain hijacking by a corporate domain management company who is acting on behalf of a client which we believe is unaware of the matter being settled on their behalf. Very sad and unprofessional the level and depths some businesses are inclined to goto!

The settlement money is absolutely tiny in comparison to the true worth of the deal and the agreement was reached purely on a good faith judgment on my behalf;

According to my lawyer in the terms stated by email, it constitutes as digital theft? As those were not the terms agreed in writing, somehow I doubt the UK county courts are advances enough to settle such matters of “theft” lol but im quite keen to take action down the legal road with these people as now I’m slightly annoyed!

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just to update, this issue is now resolved, thanks to county court judgements and out of court settlements.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So give us more info who did this Mark Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom