Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Name Journal DOUBLE FEATURE: New Cover Story + Worldwide TLD Poll Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A new Cover Story has just been published at Domain Name Journal:

The Full Monte: Why an Industry Pioneer's One Stop Shop Kept Expanding Long After the Bubble Burst

It's the story of Monte Cahn, a key player in the first $1 Million Dollar domain sale (AND the first $2 Million Dollar sale). He established the first domain brokerage on the Internet back in 1996 and his company not only survived when the bubble burst, it thrived. Knowing how the guy who manages Ultimate Search's entire portfolio did it could help your business too.

But that's not all. For the past 5 months Dr. Robert Connor (a longtime DNF member whom you know as Domebase) has been conducting a worldwide poll of domain buyers to see what extensions are preferred in the various countries around the world. He has now tabulated the results and written all about it for a new Front Page Feature at DNJ.

...and don't forget the new weekly Domain Sales column will be out Tuesday. Thanks for looking. :)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excellent article Duke. I never tire to learn of others who have went on to create successful businesses.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
Excellent article Duke. I never tire to learn of others who have went on to create successful businesses.

Same here. Stories about successful entrepreneurs have always fascinated me. They are a unique breed and are vital to the world's economic health as they are the ones who create the businesses and the jobs.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

Stories about successful entrepreneurs have always fascinated me.

Why don't they have a "People" magazine for successful entrepreneurs? You could cover all the industries, science, health, sports, etc. I would color-code "tab" the lead pages, and have it correspend in-kind on the "Table of Contents page". (Just an idea I've been thinking about :-D )

I would subscribe to such a magazine in a "heart beat". Articles about Business leaders make the best stories. I usually skip past the "junk" nowadays when I buy a magazine, and go straight to the "How I did it" stories. You learn a lot more that way about the business you are curious about.

Right now all we have is:

Entrepreneur (the mag)--it's absolute trash
Business 2.0--Very good at using re-hashed internet articles
GQ - used to have good articles on business leaders
Playboy - who reads the bio's!

Seriously, we are in what I have dubbed as a "dumbing down" period of business magainzes. As a die-hard magazine reader, I am absolutely sick and tired of the crap that is being published out there. No coherent, themed pieces. Just one page articles, that usually leave you scratching your head, wondering why you bought the mag in the 1st place.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it sure is a dumbing down period or more a recycled period,,,,,you could name it Dompreneur :cheeky:

the other interesting piece on extension poll i find interesting that .US beats .net the short time its been out:cheeky: and its not to far away from com:-D

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
No coherent, themed pieces. Just one page articles, that usually leave you scratching your head, wondering why you bought the mag in the 1st place.

It's the MTV short attention span syndrome. Not a lot of people around who can read anymore (or stay focused on anything longer than a sentence or two). A whole generation has been brought up on quick edits and fast action videogames.

As for magazines, is Inc. magazine still around? They used to have a lot of good stories on startups but after I had gotten my own company going I got so busy with it that I let my subscription lapse (besides there was a lot of cool stuff on MTV and playing Wolfenstein was eating up a lot of my time! :-D )

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

As for magazines, is Inc. magazine still around?

Yes. However they usually have a 10 to 1 ratio of ads vs content with advertisements getting the nod. What a concept! Buy a magazine so you can read the advertisements---lol

Content is not king anymore. A fast buck still is. Seen any PPC only pages lately?

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
come to think of it thats not a bad name in my last post Dompreneur which aren;t we all Dompreneurs:cheeky:

until i can get a site up maybe of all past present and future Dompreneurs this should do for now:cheeky:

www.Dompreneur.us

Dompreneur.com:-D

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zouzas
come to think of it thats not a bad name in my last post Dompreneur which aren;t we all Dompreneurs:cheeky:

Chris, aren't you content just to own ALL of the dictionary words in .US - do you have to make new ones up too!? :-D

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Chris, aren't you content just to own ALL of the dictionary words in .US - do you have to make new ones up too!? :-D

:cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom