Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Name of an Old Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbst23

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Let's say that I was to consider displaying pay per click text links onto a domain name. Lets assume that the name is a generic two word domain name that is listed in the dictionary. So, there would be a meaning behind the domain.

However, what if the name was the name of a movie that was made a few years ago and the pay per click text links on the domain name displayed links to movie rental stores or even links to companies selling copies of the movie. However, there would most likely be other pay per click text links not related to the movie at all.

This would be a generic domain name and a two word term that has been used throughout the text of many web sites on the web.

Would the movie have any rights to this domain? If I or anyone else launched the domain in the manner I previously explained, could me or anyone else be at all liable? Moreover, does it matter if some of the links turn out to be links actually promoting the movie?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom