Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Name TAX? OH Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seriously folks, has ANYONE on this board, who between all of us have probably bought HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of domain names, have you EVER been charged TAX????

Is this a Tucows Policy?? Where is the "TAX" money going?? If they call it "TAX" but then keep the money, isn't that called fraud?

I think someone need to call these guys at RackShack and have a serious chat about this!

Yes, it's still a good deal, but that's NOT the point! This COULD start a very dangerous and VERY costly precedant!

A Little Concerned,
WebCat

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Imagine THIS nightmare:

The US government says "Oh yes, these registrar's in the United States SHOULD have been charging TAX on every domain they sold. So we are making the TAX retro-active. Every domain owner must pay a 7% sales tax within 30 days or they will sieze the domain as an assett!"

And please don't tell me the government would never do such a thing! Grey-Out Davis and the moronic California State Legislature just TRIPLED the DMV registration fees in California! (just one reason why we are throwing the bum out!)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you live.

Supposedly, domain registrars serving European *consumers* (not businesses) should be charging VAT, too.

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Australian registrars charge a GST on domains.

Manu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
vat on UK domains set @ 17.5%

also the tax it seems I think you're probably referring to is the special which rackshack are having on domains - they have to take 7% as its a state tax (Texas) nothing to do with opensrs

As I bought a few from wsmdomains.com, before I had an eNom account and no tax was on these, as they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom