Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain names in thread titles - argh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just had a new sale thread closed.

Why?

I guess it's because I hadn't listed the domain names exactly in the title.

But I don't want to do that because buyers might not want these sale threads showing up in Google forever when someone searches for those domain names. So here is what I used as my title:

Two nice LLL.net's: JLQ, ZVR

Is there any doubt as to what domains I am selling? Isn't it just as clear as the titles where people use an ugly * or , or some other character in place of the period in the domain name? (Apparently not to some moderator who has the power to close sale threads.)

I'm all for having reasonable rules and following them, but as a long-time DNF member and contributor, I find this level of micro-management very frustrating.

Argh.

Upvote 0

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Why?

But I don't want to do that because buyers might not want these sale threads showing up in Google forever when someone searches for those domain names. So here is what I used as my title:

Is there any doubt as to what domains I am selling? Isn't it just as clear as the titles where people use an ugly * or , or some other character in place of the period in the domain name? (Apparently not to some moderator who has the power to close sale threads.)

I'm all for having reasonable rules and following them, but as a long-time DNF member and contributor, I find this level of micro-management very frustrating.

Argh.
If the thread was closed because of the title I Agree!
I think your title was fine and think micromanagement has gone to far.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Why?

Argh.

Sorry, if you think it's micro-managing, but that's part of the job.

All members who post threads in ANY Platinumor Gold section must adhere to the rules for those sections.

As an Exclusive member, you can post your name in "Exclusive" section which can be seen by all members and there is NO title requirement.

http://www.dnforum.com/f525/

That would solve your issue.

Thanks

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kind of agree. I think: LLL.net's: JLQ, ZVR explains just fine what the domains are.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
since I only see Exclusive members responding, I'll say this....

you guys can repost your thread if it ever gets closed because of a title violation and just correct it.

so why the big deal

also, you have an Exclusive section where you can post without adding a name in the title, again what's the big deal?

I've posted hundreds of threads and never missed putting in title correctly, so why is it a problem for you guys?

I would rather you guys set the example, than be the opposition!

for removing titles after sales, just send pm to staff with the link and we'll take care of it.

Thanks

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As an Exclusive member, you can post your name in "Exclusive" section which can be seen by all members and there is NO title requirement.
OK, will repost there, thanks for the idea. (Though I imagine a smaller audience sees those sales, even though everyone can see them.)

I'm just easily aggravated this morning, I guess.

Wanna know why?

I saw a domain I really liked at eBay with a $xxxx price tag (more than I've ever paid for a domain). So I did a bunch of research, decided I would bid on it, sniped in just before it closed ... and won it!

... only to find that the seller actually owned a typo of that domain (and didn't realize that he didn't own the actual domain he was advertising!).

Dear eBay: Can you please refund to me the two hours I spent on buying that domain? :upset: :rolleyes:

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That example is a tough call, but it does not fall into the guidelines that the rule outlines.

This is the exact rule:
http://www.dnforum.com/rules.php#10
10. ALL DOMAIN SALES MUST list the actual domain name IN THE POST, and at least one of the domain names being sold in the title of the post with NO SPACES, ACTUAL DOMAIN NAME. There is a solution for those avoiding spiders, you may use example(.)com or example(dot)com.

Considering the "actual domain name" wording combined with "no spaces" makes it clear what the rule is calling for.

Please post your sales threads so they match the way the rule calls for.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doh! I so often look at the rules before making the post I did.

Thanks for pointing that out Jarred :)

@ randomo - looks like you can do the sale and still avoid the spiders, Good luck with the sale

@ Biggedon - Thanks for pointing out the PM option for title removal. Very cool

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Some common, persistent and annoying things people do at the Sales forum:

1. No domains in title
2. Domains in title but without the TLD
3. Domains in the wrong forum, e.g. a .mobi in Taking Offers
4. S p a c e d names
5. Asking for offers in the Fixed Prices forum
6. Bumping sales threads without any significant info or price change
7. Adult names in regular sales
8. External auctions e.g. eBay - listed under Auctions instead of External
9. Links to a web site listing their domains instead of listing them in the post
10. Linking to an URL that contains an...image with the name of the domains for sale

I think I report at least 5 such violations daily. I missed Randomo's :D

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some common, persistent and annoying things people do at the Sales forum:

1. No domains in title
2. Domains in title but without the TLD
3. Domains in the wrong forum, e.g. a .mobi in Taking Offers
4. S p a c e d names
5. Asking for offers in the Fixed Prices forum
6. Bumping sales threads without any significant info or price change
7. Adult names in regular sales
8. External auctions e.g. eBay - listed under Auctions instead of External
9. Links to a web site listing their domains instead of listing them in the post
10. Linking to an URL that contains an...image with the name of the domains for sale

I think I report at least 5 such violations daily. I missed Randomo's :D

Yes Theo, those are great examples.

and you do report a lot of threads which we appreciate....but you never report yourself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom