Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Names You Never Thought Would Sell But Did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cr3ativity

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone wants to share an experience where they registered or purchased a domain name only to realize it was a poor investment...BUT it ended up selling? Post your experience(s) and feel free to include how much you sold it for ($XX; XXX; X,XXX, etc). I think we can all learn from these experiences.

YEV

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We all have had such experiences. But it's not the norm. In general, when you have a feeling it won't sell, then it won't...

One good surprise for me was modernapparel dot com, a 1999 domain that I sold for 2.5K. Looks like the buyer did not renew it and probably didn't even use it. No longer interested perhaps.
That happens sometimes.

I would probably have renewed it, after all I had initially acquired it through backorder. But I wasn't totally convinced about the potential.

I also sold a number of brandable type domains, for which demand would probably be non-existent. Yet some people had the same idea and coveted the same domain, resulting in a few sales.

In this business it's all about gut feeling :)

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always expect my domains to sell, when I buy them I always think there must be some kind of market for it where someone could use it. I've sold some for higher or lower than I would have thought, but I always expect them to have demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom