Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

"domain not found locally"

Status
Not open for further replies.

A name Ive been watching for awhile now just went to
who is status of
Registrars.Domain not found locally, but Registry points back to local DB.

updated May 22.

I do have expirefish service signed up on this name but wonder
if anyone has insight of when it should or would drop based on the updated date? What day and time should I be shooting for on this name if trying to get it also from other registrar besides registerfly/expirefish. Wasn't the old rule of thumb of it being 3 days after it went to 'not found' status? Would I just be wasting my time if trying to register it myself elsewhere or am I better off just hoping expirefish does the job? (its not a fantastic name or anything, its just one our company wants so its doubtful to be wanted by too many sharks)

Any insight or suggestions appreciated.

Domain summit 2024

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Wasn't the old rule of thumb of it being 3 days after it went to 'not found' status? "
6 days.
And although i usually recommend Registerfly's services(not an affiliate) i would not rely on Expirefish.com.They rarely get me names, and if they get one,it's only average ones that i prolly would have gotten myself.They seem to be ok with those,so in your case it's prolly enough to have it only there and not at snapnames n such if it really is a name not of interest for anybody else but your company.
For all other names i'd still recommend Snapnames.Namewinner seems to bid on names themselves and bidding heights are ridiculous sometimes so the only decent one is Snapnames in my opinion.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Usually names are available 6 days after they go to "Domain not found locally, but Registry points back to local DB. Local WHOIS DB must be out of date."

However, I have seen names just get stuck in that state. Does anyone know why that happens? What can be done about it? :confused:

Originally posted by hlhoffman
Usually names are available 6 days after they go to "Domain not found locally, but Registry points back to local DB. Local WHOIS DB must be out of date."

However, I have seen names just get stuck in that state. Does anyone know why that happens? What can be done about it? :confused:

On the other hand, I got one that dropped in 5.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Originally posted by timechange

On the other hand, I got one that dropped in 5.

Same here, what I'm thinking is most of the names get dropped after 6 days, but also a good portion drop within 5 days, you just won't ever know.. :sigh:

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it is an NSI name it either drops on the 5th or 6th day after that updated date. In this case May 22 means it will drop on the 27th or 28th.

Other registrars have different systems and time spans. :D

just a follow-up post of results.
we checked for the drop hourly and when it did fall we did not get it. registerfly's expirefish service also failed us.

who-is now shows a registrar as owning the name.

so much for the fly catching service.

we will either get the .us version or wait to see if a
'for sale' sign appears on the URL soon. Or just
live without the name like we already have.

"easy com easy go"

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan

Same here, what I'm thinking is most of the names get dropped after 6 days, but also a good portion drop within 5 days, you just won't ever know.. :sigh:

I have been monitoring sevral domains, one of which hasn't been dropped for 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators