Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

domain offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got a $60 offer for one of my domain....that net me $10.
Surely, i will reject it. But it seems that i cant just cancel the negotiation.

It throw me this error

"You must first enter your asking price before you can cancel the negotiations!"

I tried entering the price and click cancel negotiation....still cant. No choice...enter a counter offer.

Is there any way i can just cancel negotiation without 1st counter offer. Those who offer $60 are just trying to play a fool. So counter offer is just a waste of my time.

Domain summit 2024

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i get several of those a month - just ignore and let the offer expire. your second choice is make an counter offer , however you can only counter offer up to 9999 so if you price is higher than that , just let it expire. if your price is 9999 or lower make the counter offer and than after you did you can cancel the negociation.
hope that helps
wolfis.com

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wolfis said the the limit is 10000. This is not right I think.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no limit of 10000 in negotiations.
Only if you want to put >10000 as an asking price.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

Sedo has set the limit for domain pricing at $/€ 10,000 in order to prevent extreme domain speculation you may have seen on other sites.
In truth, there are few domains worth this amount on the market today, and we don't want to scare buyers away.

If you do feel that your name is extraordinary and worth more than €/$ 10,000, then you should order a domain appraisal from Sedo in order to list it with this price.

If Sedo's appraisers evaluate your domain at more than €/$10,000, then you may list it for the price appraised.

You can offer and/or counter offer as much as you like however, for the "make offer" domain listings. When someone makes a bid on your domain you may always counterbid with an offer higher than €/$ 10,000.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel (221)-420-758-287 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: nora@sedo.com :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nora, makes complete sense to me. I avoid those $multi-million sale sites like the plague. If you want a laugh, you only need to look at the prices for rubbish domains on eBay. I wouldn't want to weed through daft prices like that. Your model works for me.

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nora,

What happens if someone makes you an offer on a name listed at Sedo and you do absolutely nothing within the 7 day period. I assume that the offer expires, is removed from the system and the domain stays listed for sale, is that correct?

Asked another way, is it your policy that a seller HAS TO RESPOND to any offer? What happens if they do not respond?

Thanks

SedoCoUk said:
Hello from Sedo,

Sedo has set the limit for domain pricing at $/€ 10,000 in order to prevent extreme domain speculation you may have seen on other sites.
In truth, there are few domains worth this amount on the market today, and we don't want to scare buyers away.

If you do feel that your name is extraordinary and worth more than €/$ 10,000, then you should order a domain appraisal from Sedo in order to list it with this price.

If Sedo's appraisers evaluate your domain at more than €/$10,000, then you may list it for the price appraised.

You can offer and/or counter offer as much as you like however, for the "make offer" domain listings. When someone makes a bid on your domain you may always counterbid with an offer higher than €/$ 10,000.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel (221)-420-758-287 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: nora@sedo.com :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't believe the seller has to respond as I get about 50 rediculous offers a day for high end domains.

-=DCG=-

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seller has no obligation to respond to an offer.

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reason I ask is that I also recently got a ridiculous offer of $60 (net $10) on a quality name. I countered with an rediculously high offer. I would have rather just ignored the offer but Sedo's FAQ states:

13. Do I have to sell my domain if I receive an offer?

"You may always accept, reject or make a counter bid to any offer you receive."

If you choose to reject, the system asks for the asking price as "skylight" previously pointed out. It would be nice if you could just reject the offer without naming your price. I think that would send a message to the person making the offer "don't waste my time"

domains

ComDeals.com - World-class domains for sale.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you should always make a counter offer or reject the offer with a polite note. Anyone who makes an offer no matter how small should get a response. I completely understand because I get these rediculous offers all the time, so I don't rush to respond, but when I have time, I communicate my appreciation to the potential buyer. It's hard not to feel insulted but if that's the intention of the offer, unlikely but possible, then the last thing you want to do is let on that they succeeded.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...i make a counter offer - wait 7 days and then cancel the negociation - this way i don't get the $ 61 counter offer from that eJerk that offered $ 60 in the first place...

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always "try" to be polite despite the ridiculous offer. I would say, in a nice way, thank you for the offer...etc. etc. blah blah blah etc. etc. Sincerely, me.

But I felt this was spending a lot of my time for a non-serious offer. Or...were they just trying to feel me out? It's hard to second guess. But I have been very successful with replying with one word and so far, I have received replies, believe it or not. I don't send a signature, just one word.

Want to know the word?

The word is, actually, two words are used.

I use this one for if they identify themselves in one way or another, "Declined."

I used this one for the anonymous offerer, "Rejected".

~Wired

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got $60 offer for a one word domain !!! Countered with $9999. The "buyer" cancelled the negotiations.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats not the point IMHO.
It is a serious , very serious bug from sedo's part.
There is a cancel negotiations button, and it does not work!!!

keep in mind that when you counter offer to a low baller, which If you know your domain is worth much more, your counter offer is binding for 7 days.
Which I assume for those 7 days, no one else can bid, that includes serious buyers!

Huge error. Either remove the cancel negotiation, or fix it.

Yet another bug.

It says 'you must enter your asking price before you can cancel negotiations!'

I did enter it, and still get the same message over and over.

This is a HUGE (would love to repeat HUGE 100 times) error from Sedo's side.
and to think I was/am one of the loudest pro sedo 'activists' on this forum since last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators