Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Parking - use Sedo or make your own page

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a few domains parked at Sedo and they're getting some traffic, but hardly any clickthroughs. So, that got me to wondering if anybody has tried to compare using a domain parking service, like Sedo, to a custom made page with some basic content and Google or Overture ads.

For the domains that I'm looking to immediately develop, what I'm thinking of is to create a basic template site with some actual information relating to the keywords of the domain. Then have google adwords or overture ads on the page. My thought process on this idea is that there is a better chance of google indexing the site with real content in it and with ads relating to the content on the page, it should improve clickthroughs.

Would creating a "custom" set of pages for each domain (with links to the Sedo listing, of course) be worth the effort?

Also, on the same issue, does anybody know of a source for free news feeds? I think that having dynamic content would also increase the chance of better indexing.

batface

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am thinking on these lines as well. One thing I did read was that Google Adsense itself has no bearing on the indexing of your site/page.

As for the clickthrough ratio, have you tried changing your keywords? I think you have to spend quite a lot of time at this and lateral thinking to get it right.

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've tried changing keywords but I have not found that magic keyword yet.

It's would be interesting to see if there is an increase in the speed of indexing with Adsense ads located on the page. I would figure that, since adsense is based on the text on that page, it would mean that Google has to index the page regularly.

batface

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TPT said:
I've tried changing keywords but I have not found that magic keyword yet.

It's would be interesting to see if there is an increase in the speed of indexing with Adsense ads located on the page. I would figure that, since adsense is based on the text on that page, it would mean that Google has to index the page regularly.

I understand that any page that contains Adsense is spidered by Mediapartners Googlebot, but Google will inform you that having Adsense does not get indexing priority.

I suppose the viewpoint I take is that Adsense is not a back door easy option, but a good enhancement in the indexing process.

Maybe someone else has a different opinion?

As for keywords, a couple of mine I switched a word pair around and then they didn't look right but it brought in a couple of different advertisers and increased the click through. Not a lot!! - but in the right direction. :)

openforsale.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Always a good idea to develop your domains with some useful relevant content. You will get indexed but that does not necessarily mean you're going to get traffic to your site. (Unless you're already getting type-ins, links, etc)

You need to secure good positions on the SE for your keywords and that requires a bit of site optimizing.

What domains do you have? Post them here. Maybe someone here can come up with some good keywords to target at Sedo. :goofy:

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Open,

I agree about developing domains, the problem is finding the time to develop them. I am currently working on developing a couple of my travel domains and will be concentrating on those for the next few days. I find that I skip around alot with my domains because I keep on coming up with ideas for them...so I've decided I have to try to focus on one or two domains at a time and develop them properly.

My current stats for the month at Sedo for my top 20 domains is 267 views with 7 clicks. Looking at it, it's not really a bad ratio...I simply need to find ways to drive some traffic to my parked domains.
My highest viewed domains at Sedo are:
intensify.biz
babymake.com
intenseclimax.com
tvnewsbiz.com

I'd appreciate advice on keywords for them!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TPT said:
...Also, on the same issue, does anybody know of a source for free news feeds? I think that having dynamic content would also increase the chance of better indexing.

Check out www.RssForum.com and www.RssSearchEngine.com

Also, adsense does not affect your rankings. It won't get you indexed faster. Plus, be careful advertising domains for sale while adsense ads are on them. It's against their usual terms.

If you want to link exchange with one of your travel domains, pm me.

Take care,
MH

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:

RSSForum doesn't seem to have any content. RSSSearchEngise looks very useful though, thanks for thinks!

MediaHound said:
Also, adsense does not affect your rankings. It won't get you indexed faster. Plus, be careful advertising domains for sale while adsense ads are on them. It's against their usual terms.

Looking at the AdSense policies:
No AdWords ads or Google search box may be displayed on any domain parking websites, pop-ups, pop-unders, error, registration, or "thank you" pages, or in any email

The way I read this is that as long as a site is not a parking page (IMHO has content and is more than 1 page) then adwords is ok. I don't think there would be a problem with having a page for sale and having something like the SedoTracker on the same page as long as it's not a blatant sale page.
Have you heard of any problems with doing that?

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TPT said:
...Looking at the AdSense policies:...
The way I read this is that as long as a site is not a parking page (IMHO has content and is more than 1 page) then adwords is ok. I don't think there would be a problem with having a page for sale and having something like the SedoTracker on the same page as long as it's not a blatant sale page.
Have you heard of any problems with doing that?

The terms used to specifically deny pages with the domain for sale.
You might be ok now that the terms are structured differently.

I've heard of lots of problems but not of the 'for sale' issue.

Just let us know if you learn more about things...

Take care.

MH

Monsieur

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a domain with a few traffic (10-30 Visits a day) and had parked it at sedo. After a few days I realized that my clickthroughs were ranging only about 3 - 5 %, so I built a small site with some Links to related pages, the Amazon Affiliate Program with related products, the eBay affiliate program with a related search phrase and Google AdSense.
The past month, I would've earned about 1$ to 1,50$, but with the page I had setup, I earned some 100% more than that.

So I personally prefer building up my own sites, but in the first days after a domain registration I just forward the domain to a parking program to earn at least something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom