Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domain partnership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

safin

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i am pretty new to this so if this is a very noobish question.. pardon me :israel: :biggrin:

me and my friend are planning to start a site where for both of us, for peace of mind purposes, we would want the domain to be under shared name. eg its registered under both our names. basically why we need this is that under no circumstances in future either one of us is able to walk away with the domain:biggrin: lol i know it doesn't look like a grt partnership but well its just something we need for insurance.

What we would want is that if there is a domain selling attempt or anything, the consent from both of us is required before the domain provider accepts the changes.

Any site offers this.. or really any other way to go about it?

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's my suggestion. At your next meeting when you are both together create a yahoo mail account and an account at the registrar where you each enter your half of the password. Anytime changes are made you'd have to both be present to enter each half of the password, ensuring that no one individual can make changes without the other being present...

Good Luck!

safin

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm thats one way.. though we are couple of thousand km apart.. :)
actually thats why the whole partnership thing. had we been in same place it would not have mattered even.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Use Remote desktop/ VNC

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't you just have a simple written agreement between the two of you limiting the authority of one party without consent of the other?

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or establish a seperate business entity with each partner holding 50% stake in the company.

safin

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ll actually thats what we woulod do. i was just hoping that if the domain partnership thing existed we might not have to do that right now.

and thank you guys for responding and trying to help :) much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom